Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Top down 3dgame player following mouse

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello
I need some help on making my game.
It's gonna be a game where you see the player from above like you did in GTA and GTA2. And i'd like my player to run towards the mouse pointer when I move it around the screen and hold down my move button.
Any ideas?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 18:49

"Using Unix is the computing equivalent of listening only to music by David Cassidy" - Rob Pike
PaTTE
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! but does it work in a 3d world? Like moving the player over a matrix on the x and z axis?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 23:21
You didn't ask for 3D.

Here's a simple Diablo-style example I did awhile back. The small random cubes are items. You can holding shift to show the name of each item and select the item by putting the mouse over its name to highlight it. Much like how you'd select items on the ground in Diablo2.

"Using Unix is the computing equivalent of listening only to music by David Cassidy" - Rob Pike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 23:29:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 23:29:28