Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / JuxtaTempus mini Demo Video

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 21:20 Edited at: 27th May 2006 21:22
These didnt come out how I wanted,but will have to do for now. The stars in the sky are animated,though not noticeable in the video.

I'll do another with the player climbing over the hills and make his was to the Ocean (with move speed quadrupadle) to show the ocean.

The colors are inacruate in the video,havent found a fix for it yet.

Particle effects and FX will be added after TGC releases its culling

[edit] 30mb video not loading. Trying the Clips version(6 mb) for now.
[edit 2] Odd,I ment to append this to my previous Juxta thread, not start another one.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 21:28
screenshots please?

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 21:33 Edited at: 27th May 2006 21:44
you must be on 56k. 6mb video,beats "screen shots" or did you fail to see the Down Load at the bottom right hand corner? Im guessing you're new as this has been going on for months http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78026&b=8

Bahamut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 22:00
It's a shame you couldn't upload the 30meg video, this is looking great, I can't wait to see particle effects when they're added.

The only problem I could see from the video was that when the player walks into a wall, they can see through it. I'm nit-picking though. I understand that it's sometimes difficult to avoid.

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 22:01 Edited at: 27th May 2006 22:11
im still trying =/ RaRd down to 27mb and still not working

Quote: "that when the player walks into a wall, they can see through it"

Im sure with some work,it can be fixed. There was alot of that. With alot of code tweaking,ive fixed most of it. I do appreciate all and any constructive critizism and compliments.

In Game Dev,if you seriousley intend to go commercial, "nit picking" at the Alpha and Beta stages is what you welcome the most. Need to know when the Enduser/Buyer is going to want for their money. You'll never meet everyones demands,but can meet some.

MODS: Can you possibley move this thread to my previous one? Didnt mean to take up yet more forum space.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 22:42
Quote: "you must be on 56k. 6mb video,beats "screen shots" or did you fail to see the Down Load at the bottom right hand corner? Im guessing you're new as this has been going on for months http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78026&b=8"

no, lol, i saw download button, I just don't like downloading without screenshots . I want to know if its worth downloading, no, i'm not new, just haven't taken the time to look at this game, sorry .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 23:23 Edited at: 27th May 2006 23:26
Ohhh, sorry man,wasnt trying to be a jerk, just used to 56k users needing screens. John Ree is going to host the 30mb video. Neither of us feel that its near ready for display,but I get enough emails,asking and have been promising it long enough that it will have to do for now.

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 00:36
It looked like the purpose of that clip was to show off the level. Nice level and ambient sound and all. And something that looked like rain. Really good looking. But can you show some gameplay mechanisms as well, or have you not reached that point of development yet?

Anyway, it looks really good so far.

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 02:00 Edited at: 28th May 2006 02:54
http://jonnyree.com/JuxtaTempus.rar
28mb Video

yes,rain needs to be fixed to not fall through models. will fix later. not too concerned with it right now. and several other minor fixes.

Quote: "But can you show some gameplay mechanisms as well, or have you not reached that point of development yet?"

Combat engine was complete,long ago.

- Jony Ree presently developing PC/NPC Character and Animation
- Megaton Cat, and I,both agree that this Project requires consistancey in models and Textures as so Mega is redoing the models so are are set to Equal scale and new Textures to assist the consistancey in display.
- Cash Curtis will and is doing the GUI
- LiT and I are coding,tweaking,tightening,recoding the engine for max efficiencey.

I refuse and wont use the usual DM models as any sort of representation of JuxtaTempus Player and Non Player Character models. Too often do you see DM and that Dwarf model used as place holders.

Displayed sometime ago was one of the Dungeons,furniture,particles,fx,etc and a whopping 18 FPS. When TGC releases its Culling .dll or code or whatever it is they release. Then proper culling will be applied and particles,combat,FX,PC/NPC models,funrniture,GUI,demo will be released.

The present 30-45 FPS is adequte for whats shown but would be nothing more than the typical 18 fps with full engine running and all media.

So,
Quote: "or have you not reached that point of development yet"

Yes,all is at hand to be displayed but not sporting a whopping 18fps ontop of the screen.

If push comes to shove, then we'll retire this project in DBP and port it to Torque as I own both Indie and Commercial licenses. But,DBP being my "training wheels" for Game Dev,id really prefer to see this to the end in DBP.

[EDIT]
Attached the spanse of the Terrain and cheap water demo. using FX for water in full release. FX just isnt FPS friendly at the moment.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:28:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:28:18