Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tower Defence

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2006 22:04 Edited at: 31st May 2006 00:59
Well if you have played Tower Defence on starcraft or warcraft3 you know what i am trying to make, not a multiplayer one but a singleplayer one (as first step) I have done, some of the waypoint stuff, and made an testworld for it, and first wave that runs trough the waypoints, (they run over and over again for the moment) and yeah i have fixed the camera to work as i want to, it is still no build able stuff as i am not finished with that part yet

so for now it is like an pre demo of what i have done. oh yeah i am also trying to inplement lua scripting at a very basic level as i havent learned much about that yet.

please download and try the demo, it is about 4-5 meg big rar file

= Done = In progress = Ideas that maybee will be included

Waypoint system
Editor for placing out waypoints and objects on map ( not included )

Menu for building,upgrading and deleteing towers
Selecting objects on screen
A new map that is better done
Lua script file for easier balancing of the game

Different ways to go when upgrading the towers, like elemental tower defence style
Tracks after enemy veicles

Ideas and comments are welcome

here is a screenshot

btw if someone could help me to come up with a good soloution about veicle tracks please go here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=80334&b=1

and sry for my bad english

You never fail, only make mistakes.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bahamut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2006 22:10 Edited at: 30th May 2006 22:12
Please can you post a screen shot of the game. I don't download stuff without one. Thanks.

[Edit] Oh and your English is fine I love it when people apologise for their English, when it's just as good as everyone elses.

Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2006 22:18 Edited at: 30th May 2006 22:18
Quote: "Please can you post a screen shot of the game. I don't download stuff without one. Thanks.

[Edit] Oh and your English is fine I love it when people apologise for their English, when it's just as good as everyone elses."

Bahamut Well i uploaded a screenshot and tnx for the nice words about my english

The CodeSmith
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been wanting to code this same exact thing for a long time, but I don't have the skills to do it (yet!). It looks very nice, keep it up.

I'm not who you think...
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 23:39
Yes, looks nice. I had this idea, too, some months ago, but then i didn't know how to implement waypoints/finding... And now i have played so much warcraft 3, that i am bored of Tower Defence
I didn't load the demo yet, but if you keep working on it, i'll download it, surely
Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2006 06:02
wow tnx for the responses ppl, well i had very much to do in school before summer holidays, so it havent been any coding at all for some time. And becuse of the time not coding i will probably have some hard time to get into the code for the game again. But now when i got like 9 more weeks of free time, i will try to work on my tower defence game as much as i can.

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome, i loved tower defense right since the custom made age of empires 2 maps. good luck with this.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 17:27
Slooper my dear boy !
Good to see you here. For those who haven't played tower defence (e.g. Myself) what is the game about.
Well other than that the screeny looks cool. Keep it up.

p.s. I havnt forgoten you on the vector tutorials, it's exam time for the students at the moment so I'm a busy bugger, give me a few days though and I'll be getting back to you.

M.I.A is pending
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 17:56
There are two different types of tower defense:
Witz mazing and without mazing.
(It looks as if Slooper's TD-Game is without mazing)
The creeps run to different waypoints to get to a point... mostly a building or just an area.
You have to stop them arriving there by building towers. The creeps don't attack the towers, they just try to run over all the waypoints to their target.
You get gold by killing them.
If it isn't possible to maze, they run over a way on which you can't build, else you can build also on their ways. So you can build big tower-mazes that you have more time to kill them.
I hope you understood
Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 20:23
Teh Go0rfmeister So there is TD maps for Age of Empires 2 too ?

Baggers Fun you looked on my thread, I have atm stopped my development as i have to get new energy for rewriting the game engine as i have found new better ways of doing things, but as i said i need new energy and i will get it by being away from my computer and eat a lot of icecream and swim in the ocean and drink some beers or something else.

Mr Kohlenstoff Well yeah you got a good hang of it, and as you said my game isnt going to be maze able, becuse the roads arent going to be build able areas. but one thing i am going to do is upgradeable towers.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 16:58
Ummm... are you planning on finishing this? I want to play it

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 17:29
TD is a lot of fun Keep it up!

Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 20:23
Well to be honest i cant do anything right now, i am moving to an own apartment, and need to fix internet, and stuff, becuse my computer have been wierd and i need to fix it and reintall everything on it, and you know what you need to do if you reinstall darkbasic you need to do an online actvivation and stuff, but in 1-2 months i am back online again and countinue my work, dont worry,. ( i am at a friends internet connection atm thats why i can write this)

cya all guys in 1-2 months

cheers

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 23:54
Hope you get everything working again

Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 21:47
At a friend again, and now i have ordered an 8mbit internet connection yippie, problem is i am not so happy whit it, as i said in last post i have moved from my parents home to an own appartment into swedens next biggest city. So i thought i would at least be able to have an 24mbit connection, but no i lived to long from the station. But hey in 2-3 weeks i will have it 8mbit, it is better than notihng, one good thing is that to christmas our apartment section will be able to get a 100mbit connection, maby i change to that after new year. So i will be back in 2-3 weeks now.

Cheers

Slooper

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:22:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:22:01