Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Download CCR now!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 12:11 Edited at: 1st Jun 2006 12:15
You can download Level 1 of my Demo Chrono Correction & Rescue here:
http://files.filefront.com/setupccrexe/;5094737;;/fileinfo.html

Please check it out and tell me what you think!
I know that the level is too big, so you have to wait about 2-3 minutes until the game is fully loaded. I hope it is worth the wait.

Here are some screenshots:

More sreenshots:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78915&b=25
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78818&b=25
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 13:33
Okay....

Firstly, it was in German. Not a bad thing considering this is probably your native language but i can't read it and its an English only forum.

2-3 minutes? A loading time of 2-3 minutes? I was waiting more like 7-8 minutes.

When i was finally spawned i had lag, lag and more lag. I went to the air-vent first. They were too long and the FPS was 2-5 throughtout, because of the time it took for me the crawl around, it led to a series of disappointments when a reached a locked door or one that required a key. I eventually found my way of out of he air-vent and saw some good lighting and entity placement. The industrial feel was well done.

I ended up where i started and decided to do for the stairs instead of the air-vent. I was shot when i entered the next room.

Rather than re-spawn, the lag was so bad it took 3 minutes to get the exit menu up.

Overall, i give this game 5/10
+ Good lighting
+ Good Entity Placement
- Too long in the air-vents
- Way too mch lag

AE

Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 14:44 Edited at: 1st Jun 2006 16:24
Hi, Avenging Eagle

Thanx a lot for your input! I really appreciate it and I will consider your test in an updated version.

You saw about 1/5 of the level during your walkaround.

The beginning of the game is more like an adventure game rather than serious sam III.
If you wanna survive you will have to collect some things first (keys and a weapon).

You missed one key that opens the hiding-place of the first weapon in the air-vent. Carrying this weapon, you wouldn't have been killed in the radio-room.

Again: thanx a lot for your test and your critics!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 19:29
@Zilla

System:

Athlon64 3000+
1GB DDR400 Dual Channel
ATI x550 PCIxPress 256MB

Load time: 6 Min
Play: Layout was good, found most items without any problem (I don't know German either, so I don't know what I was getting sometimes). Good use of items, barrels, crates, pipes, etc. Some areas lagged terribly, especially the stairs in the large generator room. (no lag in the crawl space as described earlier). Loved the reference to AOL...lol.

Interesting...needs work.

Score: 7 of 10.

Crazy Grandpa
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 20:44
FPS was:
Overall: 18,75385
Lowest: 1,6076
Highest: 30,58348

Game:
Overall: 6/10
Lightning: 7/10
Gameplay: 5/10
Design: 8/10
Speed: 4/10

Thats my numeric review.

Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 22:23
@xplosys
thank you very much for your input!

Quote: "Load time: 6 Min"

this level needs a redesign...

Quote: "found most items without any problem"

could you use the elevator?

Quote: "Interesting...needs work."

definitely!
Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 22:25
@Master Mind

Thanks a lot for your straightforward numeric review!

I love numbers!
Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 11:44 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 12:29
For those of you that don't wanna play or download the level, I provided a small (8MB) video with some in-game footage.

You can get it from here:
http://files.filefront.com/CCR_In_Game_Video/;5126948;;/fileinfo.html
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 12:02
Nice work with the elevator buttons.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2006 21:20
Nice work. Excellent atmosphere and use of lighting.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 10:51 Edited at: 14th Jun 2006 12:36
@uman (mod)
congratulations!

and thank you. this level was my first attempt with fpsc and i learned a lot. especially from the comments of other user. this community is very helpful. i will continue working with fpsc and i hope i will be able to give the other users some nice free models and games.

but here in switzerland summer is finally here (30 degrees celcius) and everybody is sitting in open-air bars and is watching the soccer world cup finals on big screens - so maybe i leave my screen for a few days and join the real world community.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 16:00
I can see from the screen shots that the levels, your care and attention to level design detail and angles. Placement of objects also the careful positioning of the player when you have grabbed the screen shots that you know what you are doing and do it with some considerable skill.

You have an eye for good composition.

If this is your first work with FPSC we have a lot of nice stuff to see from you yet I am sure.

Still - make the most of it while the sun shines.

Worldwar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 20:03
VERY NICE WORK!!! Nice movie I know that program I have it too only not the demo! (FRAPS) Good action, big area's, long ways are not bad but ok. Nice switches and a good movie! That's what i game need! A trail movie let people see your briljant work! for the next and last time!!! NICE WORK!!!
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 01:42
This game was great 10/10!

Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 14:00
@uman
Quote: "You have an eye for good composition"

thank you! after all, we are ARTISTS! in switzerland, we call videogames "die siebte kunst" (in english "the seventh artform"?) and i have seen a lot of art in this forum and also many things that still need a lot of work and practice (like my stuff...).

I am also a musician and I think that the most important thing in a song and in a videogame is that you can touch people's feelings. Therefore we have a great responsability and we have to be very careful when we create games that can reach the soul of other human beings (especially in a fps-game...)
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 15:14
You really seem to have potential. What FPSC needs isnt really a more powerful engine, (ok, maybe it needs but read the rest of this sentence) it needs users like you. The game is good, it just needs some more variations in the segments.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 20:27 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 20:28
"I think that the most important thing in a song and in a videogame is that you can touch people's feelings"

And those that do will always be the best of their kind, so keep up the good work.

Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 12:32
@Antimatter Games
Quote: "it needs users like you."

Thank You! It's as easy as a comic book character:
"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
Don't get me wrong: I am still a beginner in FPSC and I have so much to learn, especially from all these users that already have a great FPSC-power and are willing to share their knowledge with others!

@Jordan Siddall
Quote: "This game was great 10/10!"

Wow! Thank you very much. I'm very glad that you liked it.
My own personal, internal rating was 7/10. I am currently working on the english version and I will improve gameplay and speed. Of course there will also be some new elements in this updated version. I'll let you know when it's ready!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:17:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:17:35