Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hands on DB Pro Vol 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 20:55
My copy of this has just arrived today

Really looking to make a start now, as I've had DB Pro for about a week and not done anything. I have read through (and done) some of the tutorials and little bits and pieces are starting to make sense.

I just hope that I'll see some progression quickly, although I appreciate I won't be doing anything that great for a while.

I've got my game idea in my head, and will be happy if I can just get part of it working in the next few months. No doubt I'll be posting many queries in the near future.
Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2006 14:35
Thats a good way to view things!! . Your first games wont be terrific but keep at it. Your a newb not a noob I see.

Current Project - Jono's Maze(Open Source, 3d maze shooter)
Progress Of Project - 0.5%
Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 01:24 Edited at: 4th Jun 2006 01:25
It's a good book, I've been using DBP a little under a year now, but I ordered it and got a copy of hands on 3 days ago, it's a well explained book that's teaching me new things, and has answered a few of my more persistant questions over the last year. I'm looking forward to Volume 2.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
Dacypher
Years of Service
User Offline
Would you say it is better than the "Beginner's Guide to DarkBasic" (the other book)? This is asked to anyone who has used both, as I used to have the one I just mentioned, and did not really like it much. The code was full of errors and bugs, and some parts were very cryptic to beginners, or rushed. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:36:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:36:21