Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / importing truespace models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2006 21:45
hi,

I have just made a model in truespace and i would like to konw how you import it into FPSC

thanks a million

Josh

ZOMBIES-THE GAME!!! ps- I gave the demo to my mate and he did'nt sleep for a week
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2006 00:04
TrueSpace is currently what I use to model, Josh. After You size the model correctly (I usually inmport an FPSC Model, scale it down, then size my model next to the FPSC one and scale my model to the FPSC's model's original size), then UV Map it, texture it, then save the model as a .X (don't forget to center it correctly in TS first) without the texture applied.

I use ECS Pro to import objects into FPSC.

-Keith

stairs scene
Years of Service
User Offline
HI guys!!I use TrueSpace5 to model, but I don't know import my 3d caracters on FPSC yet...and I can't import a caracter(x file) from FPSC into TrueSpace5.
What can I do????
Daniel

Stairs scene interation without matrix
stairs scene
Years of Service
User Offline
Another question!!I should import various x files for each kind of animation from caracter??
Daniel

Stairs scene interation without matrix
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2006 07:18
That's weird; it says that there's 4 posts in this thread, but I only see 2.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2006 17:17
@keith c-thanks for the help. I have got the model into FPSC and got the texture on etc, but when i put the model into the editor, it is the size of a ant. I have tried increasing the scale but it doesn't work. It's SO fustrating. Maybe if i send the model files to you, do you think you could make it FPSC ready for me because i am not sure how to fix this problem.

cheers Josh

ps- If i send it to you, do you just want the .x file, or can you make it FPSC ready without the .fpe file and such.

ZOMBIES-THE GAME!!! ps- I gave the demo to my mate and he did'nt sleep for a week
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2006 18:32
It's the size of an ant because you didn't use an imported FPSC model to scale it against (see my previous messege). An imported FPSC model is HUGE in the TS Modeler, so I size it down 3 times; then size my model up 3 times to get the correct scale. I may make a tutorial about this later when I have time.

-Keith

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 11:18
cheers Keith

from gspace to FPSC
Years of Service
User Offline
HI KeithC!!I saw you also use Tspace.Did you make any character or game?
For now, I am learning yet.
Thanks

Daniel
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 00:18
I use both TrueSpace and GameSpace for making game entities. It's not a bad program for making game entities, except when it comes to character animation for some engines. But a good program to learn from all around.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:37:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:37:52