Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Possible to make boxing game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have seen many game making programs but they all seem to be more adventure or first person. Would it be possible to make a good boxing game with DarkBasic? I have made a very good simulation before but I want to make it more visual. I am not a graphics person but an experienced developer.

For my money, the closest to what I want to do is Victorious Boxers. It is more strategy rather then slamming buttons.

Any help would be appreciated!

C
D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
Never played the game myself, but my answer to your question would be yes. DarkBasic will handle pretty much any type of game you want to make with it.
Bahamut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 23:02 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 23:04
Just so you know, this "game making program" is a programming language. Don't compare it to stuff like 3D game maker. It's a language primarily for making games, but it's a programming language none the less.

It's relatively easy though. Check out the 30 day trial if you're not sure.

Because it is a programming language, you can make pretty much any genre you want with it. Except MMORPG without outside help. You'll need some 3D software too.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You can make any game you like. You are limited only by speed. To make a fast game you must be careful not to make 3D models that use too many polygons like Doom 3.

oworld
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, the biggest problem I run into is that I really don't know how to make 3D models. I know there are many built in that already have animation, but it doesnt appear to have people throwing or receiving blows like boxing. So I am just unsure of how hard that is to make some boxers. I want basic ones initially just to get the game going then I can make it more detailed. I have tried 3D modelling in 3DStudioMax and it made my head spin. I realized it would me a LONG time to make boxers with that.
yaarj
Years of Service
User Offline
well.. the easiest solution to your problem is to find somebody that is already experienced in 3D modelling and animation, and ask him to help you out.

other than that.. then be prepared to learn modelling by yourself.
there are lots of good tutorial in the internet. just search for them!
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2006 23:12
as a modeler, I can tell you that it is always wise to have some program content already made with place holders ( boxes, spheres, whatever ) before asking for one of us to create a model(s) especially with animations...

side note: not to say that there aren't any folks on the boards looking for something to do, just most of us are very busy with other stuff at the moment..

good luck and if you still need some models latter down the road give me a shout....
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 08:18
Your going to get DarkBASIC Pro right? To answer your question, yes, DarkBASIC can do this. For the 3D models, you can make one through DarkBASIC Pro (Dont know about classic), though they wont look that good, and it would be pretty hard. As for a 3D modeller, I learned 3D modelling with Wings 3D. It doesnt support textures though... DarkBASIC pro only colors limbs one color (unless that's just my computer). But still, it's better than nothing, AND it's easy. Good luck with that boxing game of yours.

I have the BEST signature ever! I bet you cant guess what it is!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:22:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:22:24