Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 06:05
Okay, so you can have fog a set distance away which stays that distance from the camera no matter what. What I'd like to do is be able to see fog in the distance and be able to literally walk up to and through it. Would this be possible? What if I changed the "Fog Distance" value as I walked towards it, would this simulate what I'm after?
"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Joe Cooning
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 06:16
Possibly, but mostly, from what I've seen, fog just fades the distant land. You could try the fog-closer idea, but then another idea would be to texture the background and/or make some sort of faded object to use, so that if you step through, the screen greys. Then you can mess with the lighting, etc.

"Everyone has a photographic memory . . . some just don't have film."
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 10:00
Ahh, great idea, I'll try it out thanks.

Macdooth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 12:34
The full dark basic comes with a Jetski game in which if you move further away from the centre of the game, the fog becomes thicker. Try putting your distance measurement in a variable and link this to the fog, so the further you move away from the arena the fog becomes more dense. Or you could have it so if you camera reaches a certain distance on the matrix or in the scene, the fog suddenly gets closer, e.g

CAMX = camera position x()

if CAMX > 500 then fog distance 300

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 14:58
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing at the start

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:38:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:38:45