Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / explosion?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2006 23:15
i think this is to much to ask. but how the helkl do u make a 3d explosion? can be done with pixels, or is there some code that weould help?

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a number of ways you could achieve this. I guess it really depends on what the desired effect is.

You could draw the explosion as a series of cell images and texture a plain object with the images and use the SET OBJECT command to set the transparency. There is a program called Exgen that can generate the images for you, if your not an artist.

If you are using DBPro, you could use the particle system commands. There is a usage example for it called, "Particles Functionality", in the DBPro examples.

You could also create a set of small objects and place them in your 3D environment and the use some physics math to generate the desired patterned effect. This is much more complicated compared to the other two options I,ve mentioned.

I guess you would have to make the decision here. Personally, I would use either of the first two.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:31:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:31:50