Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need some help organizing and such with my Text RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm attempting to work on a "Text Based RPG" and so far it seems to be going okay but things are getting a little cramped. This code is just for testing so this isn't what the final product will look like. I'm going to change the text and such as I progress. If you know of any easier ways to do things that I've already done or if you have spotted any error's in my code then please tell me.

I'm actually still learning some things as I go with this. I've been practicing for quite awhile at all of this and I thought that this would be the easiest route for me to begin seeing as how I want to make RPG's but I'm no good with using graphics at all.

Some questions I have are:

*How would I make enemies that the player can interact with by simply typing in Attack "name of monster" and then initiating a combat sequence where the creature uses basic A.I to Attack, Defend or Run Away and then if it's defeated by the player it gives Experience Points to him/her and the game returns to the normal Input Box for Directional Movement.

*Create a Monster Data Base where every single creature's information is held and can be taken at anytime if the player encounters a specific creature in an area of the RPG.

*Create an Item,Magic,Weapon,Armour and NPC Data Base in which the player may have the item, magic, weapon or armour added to their inventory if they find it in the RPG. Also, how would I make a library for NPC's so that their data may be called up for Shops, Discussions, Quests, etc if the player runs into a specific NPC in the game.
Seraf
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops! I forgot to mention that I'm using DarkBasic Classic.
Zeddex
Years of Service
User Offline
you re asking the base of any rpg.

for the monster DB i use 2 type and an array
like this,

i think is a good basic

for the other is look like the same but with more dim in array like

dim item(50, 100)
'the 50 = to the different type of item like accessory, sword, bow etc.. and the 10 = the num ber of the item,, and you can do like the monsters_type to load each object.

that how i made it

If Zeddex can, you can. If you have an idea, make it.
Raasta
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "*How would I make enemies that the player can interact with by simply typing in Attack "name of monster" and then initiating a combat sequence where the creature uses basic A.I to Attack, Defend or Run Away and then if it's defeated by the player it gives Experience Points to him/her and the game returns to the normal Input Box for Directional Movement."

You can do something like:

Not saying this is the best way but it works to parse out the word attack from the command entered.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:29:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:29:11