Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Texturing a Skysphere

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 06:36
I'm sure there's an easy way to solve this problem so I'm going to ask before going to long lengths to get it to work. I have a 5,000 radius skysphere that I want to texture map with a 256*256 texture, if I just do "Texture Object" then the texture becomes distorted and really large, I can manually make the texture larger in a paint program and it comes out nice and clear but I don't want to waste a lot of hard drive space with a large texture.

I had the impression that "SET OBJECT TEXTURE" to 0 would repeat the texture on the skysphere over and over without distorting it but alas.
"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Engulfed by Darkness
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 04:58
Use the "Scale object texture object number, U value, V value command after you texture the object.

The U value controls the horizontal size of the texture and
the V value controls the vertical size of the texture.

Ex.1. Scale object texture object number, 2.0, 2.0 <---This will double texture size both horizontally and vertically.

Ex.2. Scale object texture object number, 0.5, 0.5 <---This will make the texture half as large horizontally and vertically.

A U,V value of 1, 1 will not change the texture scale.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 09:01
Exactly what I was looking for, because that's what I use within 3ds max, guess I just assumed the scale texture command was something else, heh. Thanks.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:40:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:40:12