Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Smooth Matrix-- Matrix Normals??(DBP+DBC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 23:20
Okay I have heard that you can make a smooth matrix by adjusting its normals and height, and I have checked the example in DBC with a smooth green matrix but...

I still don't get it.

Could somebody explain to me IN ENGLISH (Meaning not like "you make the value of the X in the command 'set matrix normal' equal to the y in 'Set matrix height' then you BLAH BLAH BLAH)

Yeah... so basically what I would like is a tutorial or something.

GOOD FOR YOU! YOU FINALLY DREW A PERFECT SQUARE AFTER ALL OF THOSE LONG YEARS! Well, only fifty-nine more to go before anybody will notice.
MadrMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 19:26
if you mean 'smooth' as not too blockey, that doesnt has Anything to do with normals(=light). its simply because of using a sinus.
a sinus makes a wave, (0-360 returns -1 to 1), if the height is set to that, it will make just perfect round hills.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 05:43
Sounds good, but Could you Elaborate on that?

I doubt you can draw me/60 by hand, so you REALLY can't draw ME/1, can you?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 14:05 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 14:06
each polygon has a invisible line or (vector) that determines the light refraction angle.
the example doesn't show the smoothing applied but defines it in a nutshell for lay-mans terms basically what smoothing is. Im sure there is an alpha geek who will tell it better but it conveys the subject to get started.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:33:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:33:28