Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / check this out.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 14:59 Edited at: 13th Jun 2006 15:01
remember that game with the crappy graphics, the good game play, the imps and the barons of hell? yep. doom.
that's what i gonna base my game on, exept it's gonna be scarrier and beter looking of course, but this is gong to to be hard to believe untill you check it out, you know sarge? the main charactor?
you see his face down on the status bar, can you emagine the idea just ripping his face off that and chucking it on a 3d mesh? oh yer, i smoothed it a little but hey, can you blaim me it was the only one i cauld find, but believe it or not it worked! it acctually looks reasonable, check it out it's down below.
you will notice that i have only painted the face, that's all i need to paint of him cos he's gonna wear that green suit.

btw- while wer'e here what would be cooler, a remake of the first doom or a new doom?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 15:03
That's pretty cool. I remember playing the original Doom (I remember playing the original Wolfenstein). So are you gonna animate the face?

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 15:10
well don't know, mabye if i get around to one of the video making things for games you can get, where you put the models in the video,
and yer, i like wolfenstien too, funny thing for someone at my age,
got wolfenstien on my gba

and here's my logo for the doom game

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 08:38
no offense, but now i deeply despise you for such an endevor...
the origanal DOOM was the greatest game ever, and the graphics weren't that bad... if you stood a mile away from something, it almost looked half as good as the origanal Half-Life... but that's not the point...

I wish you good luck, but i do not support this project in any way. sorry for breaking my habbit of being nice, but i just think Doom is best left as Doom.

ps. Doom3 killed a classic series!
pss. i have every doom game except three, which i don't want!

In all likelyhood, people dream of cheese twice in a life time!
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 08:42 Edited at: 15th Jun 2006 08:43
Doom 3 was intended to be a remake of Doom, though they got a bit carried away with the storyline. And characters. Now Doom 4 should be a remake of Doom 2, I'd love to go around in cities with imps crawling all around the buildings.

By the way, do a remake of the original Doom.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 09:02
Sounds like fun, I was thinking of a Duke Nukem game..

Attachments

Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 09:34 Edited at: 15th Jun 2006 09:37
But the strippers would violate the Teen rating. Speaking of which I remember my dad letting me go in the stripper bar in Duke Nukem when I was 6, and then a minute later while I saw pixalized boobs my mom came in shut off the computer. My parents then got in argument I never forgot.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 10:21
Did you watch the video I uploaded?

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 10:38
zabastu, i'm a little bit enoyed with you, you diddn't listen much to what i said, i was strongly sugesting that i do the "origanal doom"
but no i am not getting carried away becuase i am not changing how the monsters look one bit, (apart from them being 3d) the game play will only change to be more fun, more scary and better looking.
i know what you mean though, i don't like where the new game was going ether.

gbc_games
wow! how did you make him do that? that would be handy for making video clips! good work!
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 11:00
I make talking heads. see my sig.

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:17
yer but what did you use to make it run smoothley?
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:40
i know your remaking doom as it was, but the point is. when you make doom 3d, people will say, ooh ah, shiny, new, pretty and then be done. you could never accurately recreate doom' shiny glory. and theres so many levels, youd need save load.

Knee Deep In the Dead
Hells Shores
Inferno
Thy Flesh consumed

each episode had eight levels and a secret level

but good luck anyways!

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 11:38 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 11:50
yar some guy made this menu thing that cauld have save and load, as soon as i'm done i'll add all that stuff.

btw -thy flesh consumed?
it's time for what tha?

when was that an episode?

p.s but you know what's so cool about the project? people have to go spend 10 bucks if they want to play doom, but everyone can play this for free and it's not the least bit elegal!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 14:01
doom was a great game. so much fun. so was wolfenstien, beat that one. Your doom project sounds like a really cool idea, my onl suggjestion is not to call it doom 4. that might get people mad, and thenm thell sue you. i dont know, just seems open for an attack of some sort. just name DOOM ONE (and then somthing, like rebirth, or remake, or [part2, chapter 2

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 14:42 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 14:42
You can't exactly call Doom a game with crappy graphics. It was groundbreaking back when it was released (well, maybe not so much groundbreaking, but come on, this was years ago).

And Flashing Snall is right--never, ever, ever call it "Doom 4". Ugh, I'm getting flashbacks of a few months ago, that guy with the Quake 5 project in WIP? Ugh. It didn't so much look bad, but seriously--never try and do someone elses work (aka--make new sequels). A remake is fine--and Rebirth is good (Resident Evil did great with that name, but I wouldn't suggest Remake, since "REmake" is the only thing that does that well, and I'd doubt you'd call it "DOmake").

But realise that taking on a job like that is huge, huge work. If you're going to make this public (which you undoubtedly are), be careful--everyone's a critic 'round here (and... well, everywhere).

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 22:55
Before you get too busy re-making Doom, you might want to check this out. Very cool and very fun.

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

Lon

[url=http://webpages.charter.net/lflicking/]
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 00:48
They Flesh Consumed was the last chapter in the origanal doom. It was the hardest chapter by far!

if you want, i have all the origanal Doom music in midi format. you might be able to convert them, but i cant. if you want it just tell me. i might aswell help you in anyway i can.

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 03:57 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 03:57
nah that's quite okey zaibatsu, i found a site that has every doom peice of music, from doom 1 to doom two.
thy flesh consumed, they must have taken it off the newer versions...
i put doom on my psp and it only had the first 3 episodes, and so did the one i played on gba and pc, i wonder why they removed it?
oh well, but if you want to help some over head veiw maps would be cool seing as i can't get into the 2nd and 3rd chapter of doom because i only have the shareware doom, curse those money leeches!
lol
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 04:05
heres proof of Thy Flesh Consumed. it doesn't say those words exactly, but you can see the words Edpisode 4

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 04:10 Edited at: 17th Jun 2006 04:11
more proof! the actual game poster/box/slash picture thing!

Attachments

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 09:59
hoiy, yer i believed you earlier, but it looks as though i won't get up to that because i don't have it nor know where to get it.
and by the way, how insane was doom 2? got the full version and playing it on my psp, i tried to play it on nightmare!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 18:13
i gots Ultimate Doom (all episodes od Doom1), Doom2, And Final Doom(PLutonia and TNT)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:22:06