Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Military Madness- Full version released!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 17:11 Edited at: 13th Jun 2006 17:35
That's right, it's here, split into two parts! If you are not sure to download the game or not, check out the demo versions of the game before downloading. (The demo version download links can be found by scrolling down this post). There's also two gameplay videos to watch.

For screenshots, please check out the (WIP) version thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=80188&b=25

Download Part One here:
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Part_One_Inst/;5144931;;/fileinfo.html
221mb .exe installer file

Part one includes three levels from the game, two from the demo versions with added features + fixes, and a completely new, big main army base level with large exterior areas to explore.

Download Part Two here:
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Part_Two_Inst/;5145568;;/fileinfo.html
224mb .exe installer file

Part two includes the last two levels, set in the Plane of Insanity. To complete the game you'll need to download both parts.

NOTE: Please do *not* download Part Two unless you have already completed Part One!

Oh yeah, and it's recommed that you read the README before playing.
====================================================
(Taken from the WIP thread)
The Story:

In Military Madness, you take the role of a new news reporter of a magazine called "Demonic Newstation". The magazine you're working for focuses mainly on impossible tasks which no one have ever made trough alive. While in hunger for more money, you signed the contract, unaware of what it might cost you.

Meanwhile, at the "Lost Mind Desert", a military base is under siege by otherworldy things. Every soldier has lost his mind completely and is killing each other in savage bloodlust.

The media have been so far unable to report the strange happenings at the base, but the Demonic Newstation, on the other hand, has sent it's best reporter, Sir "Suiccy" De Madman on the field. But after Suiccy disappears, it's time to sent someone to investigate and find the truth behind the base...and that's you.

"Wha?! This isn't a regular news magazine? You gotta be kidding!" you said to the magazine's owner.
"Well sorry boy, but you signed the contract, and believe me, you're going on that battlefield! See the small print there, boy? You will be killed if you refuse! Gwahaha!" said the magazine owner, waving a shotgun in his right hand.

Refusing the offer would no doubt, be a bad idea. Since Suiccy had disappeared, the boss sent you to the mission instead.
The news helicopter is about to drop you to the workshop facility near the military base, where your journey to "find the truth" begins...
====================================================================
Other Downloads:

DEMOS:

Demo Number 1: (Playable first level of the game!)
http://files.filefront.com/MM_Demo_Installerexe/;5085807;;/fileinfo.html
100mb .exe installer file

Demo Number 2: (Playable second level of the game!)
http://files.filefront.com/MM_Demo2_Installerexe/;5099188;;/fileinfo.html
100mb .exe installer file

Both demos include one playable level, two long custom music tracks, lots of sound effects and custom media, i.e chainsaws made by crazy al.

Gameplay Video(s):

Battle at the Volcano
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Gameplay_Vide/;5141812;;/fileinfo.html

Chainsaw Chaos, for those who haven't already downloaded the first demo:
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Gameplay_Vid2/;5141963;;/fileinfo.html

You'll need WinRAR, UltimateZip or a similiar program to extract the contents of the gameplay video files.
======================================
Final Credits List:
-Huge thanks to crazy al for the chainsaw weapon, Natflash Games for the Extra Horror Pack, and chupa cabra for majority of the custom entities (I.e fridge,tents/bar table!). Also thanks go to Nigezu for his graffiti pack, Obbidiah for the Hitler portrait, Dodic for the guitar model + hillpack, someone for the audi model (the author seems to be unknown), Ozark Games for free custom media, Zizaco and Jon Fletcher for the zombie model and I has returned for the pizza box entity.
-Music, from FF7, FF8, FF9 (IX), 10 (X) and 10-2(X-2), remixed by Sonicade (You are not Confined), DJ Phoenix (Alexandrian Nightmare), Jared Hudson (The Final Summoning), Russel Cox (Zanarkand Theme), Orkybash (Perdition Hardcore, Far From Home), Fatty acid, sephfire (Under a New Moon) and FFmusic Dj (Place of Return, Shepherd Won't Alone Theme), downloaded from Overclocked Remix and changed to .wav format using Audacity.

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 18:11
i WILL download it on my other comp, this one has poor graphics, ati radeon 9700pro 128mb lol, the other one has x1900xtx lol

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ w/ HT Technology 1000MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 2GB DDR PC-3200 - 2x1024, ATI RADEON™ X1900XTX 512MB
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 13:28
Screenies looked good. I liked really much of lightning in them.

I'll download this later. Looks so good.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 13:42
Thanks again

The filesize is quite large because of the high quality music tracks included with the game (9 long custom music tracks in total; plus a big amount of sound effects for each level).

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 10:19
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 10:06
*Bump again*

Did all my hard work go to waste?

11 downloads for the full game...
32 downloads in total for the demo versions...

Would someone who has played the game please be so kind to post feedback?
I am dying without comments...

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 19:34
Very nice game indeed. I had to quit in the middle though. Too bad you cant have a save option in fpsc

Teh w0rld is a m3ss
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 20:34
If I haven't downloaded your game yet I almost surely will sooner or later.I have played quite a few games and demos in the Showcase forum.

HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 20:58
I tried to download it but it came up with an error when i clicked on the link. THough this my be because i am using IE 7.0 Beta 2. I'll try with firefox in abit.
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 09:38
@Supah Gamer: Thanks! Shame that you couldn't finish it...oh well, at least we get that save feature in V2 of FPSC.

@ FredP- Good to know

@ Hart Games: It's likely because of IE. I can access the download page without problems (just checked), and I am using the latest version of Firefox myself. Filefront has some problems sometimes too- couple of days ago I got a blank page everytime I tried to access the downloads page.

If anyone wants me to host somewhere else, gimme a link and I'll see what I can do about it.

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2006 21:13 Edited at: 25th Jun 2006 21:13
*Bump*

20 full version downloads currently.

So what did you think of the music? Did I completely annoy everyone by selecting so many tracks from console RPGs (*cough* All from Final Fantasy games *cough*) or were they good? Or was the gameplay good? Were the sound effects I picked from the web good? So many things I'd like to know...

Dawny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 15:24
Hi! I've played the game, and thought it was fun. I liked the music and the levels had quite a lot of detail. The part with the chainsaw was fun too!

I got into the game playing it. I wanted to find out how it ends, but sadly, I keep getting killed. I was able to make it all the way to the last level though.
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 20:08 Edited at: 26th Jun 2006 20:18
Oh, that's too bad. Perhaps I should write a walktrough that covers the entire game someday...

I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Did you make it to the last level of part one or part two? In case you died at the last level of part one, you might want to download part two to continue playing. The only major change is that
*SPOILER* the player finds a warp gate from the general's office and enters the plane of insanity.

If you want to start it over again to complete the level, try seeking shelter from the barracks at the left and right sides of you in the large outdoor area battle. You should find plenty of health, ammo and weapons from there.

And remember to search for healthpacks! If you died at the last level of part two, check out the small room in the corner with a zombie inside in the laboratory (the area with windows) next time you play it. There should be a healthpack waiting for you. If you keep dying at the volcano battle, retreat inside the building behind you and try to snipe out the remaining enemies.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 21:07
Q:
What is with the painted FPS on the screenies?

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2006 11:07
Quote: "
Q:
What is with the painted FPS on the screenies?"

It's the Ati Tray Tools. It shows the FPS in the top right corner when running 3D applications. I guess I could turn it off in FPSC, because the program can tell the FPS. Thanks for reminding me about that!

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2006 13:19
36 downloads but only one player comment. Please, I'd really appreciate more feedback. So if you played the game, feel free to say how you liked it or not.

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 12:26
*Bump*

44 downloads. *Sigh* If no one posts comments after this post then I'll stop bumping and leave this thread alone. I think it's time to move on to something else anyway, so you might not see me on the forums so actively anymore.

I had good fun doing these games with FPSC. I won't forget the community even though I'd leave. Maybe I'll be back after one year...if V2 is released. Goodbye

All my FPSC games + files, Military Madness, Gravelooter and All Hail Hitler can be downloaded here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/PsychoWarrior
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 23:56
It's sad that you leave. I hope you come back some day.

I'll download your game tomorrow.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Sgt_BJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 02:32
Im downloading it =D admittedly to give me ideas for my games =D I only bought FPSC the other day and its so hard to think of things =) I haven tseen screenshots...hopefully it will be good =D

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:21:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:21:08