Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / problem with several weapons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 16:58
Hi all.

I have a new problem with my game. Ive tried to introduce several weapons (two at the moment). But if player one switch to weapon two, and fire, one very strange thing happens. Suddenly player two cant hit player one with the first weapon (the same thing happens if player two uses teh second weapon). I havent made so the second weapons bullets move yet, so I dont know if its just the first weapon. This is the function that moves the bullets and checks if the hit something:
, and here is the rest of the source:
. Do you see whats wrong?
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 20:50 Edited at: 18th Jun 2006 20:51
Doesnt anyone have an idea? Is there something I can explain to help you?
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 22:37
Not a single idea that might help me?
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 23:19
Main reason is that source code is huge, no-one is going to spend hours going through it finding the problem. We can't compile it because we havent got the media and noones going to make loads of dummy graphics to run it. For some reason the snippet is also peppered with backslashes before each quote, so we have to fix that aswell.

Even if we do then get that far, there's just too much code for anyone to care about.

Maybe if you created a nice zip file with dba and all the media, somone might just help you. Even I might have a bash.

Boo!
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 12:39 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2006 13:24
I know that its huge. But I dont know where the mistake lies, if I thought I knew I would only post that part. And about those backslashes, they are not a part of the original code. It must be added when I post it, for some strage reason. And I dont know how to zip, otherwise I would try it.

Thanks for responding anyway. Ill try and solve the problem my self in some way.

EDIT:

Ok, I solved the problem with an new approach. To be honest, Ive thought of it for a while but didnt test it (I had an reason for it that was quite stupid), which I should have since it both works fine and reduces the size of the source.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:23:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:23:06