Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BattleLegacy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 22:34 Edited at: 15th Jun 2006 22:37
Hey Guys,

I present today my project which has been in the works for quite a while now. This is my first project to actully be able to do online play, so im quite pleased with it. Heres a short list of features.

Planned =
Finished =

Chat System
Online Fighting System(Obviously)
Collision
Gravity
Animation
Lobby System

And of course, a screen shot, which showcases the online play in action(Using my loopback adress, I have tested it with others though, and everything works fine.

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot6oq.jpg

A demo WILL be released very soon, I just have to get animation in order. I do need someone to animate a simple run cycle for me, if your intrested, please email me at Jrcdrummer@aol.com for more details, the model is pre rigged, so it should be rather easy.

More to come!

Formerly SageTech
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 22:55
Looks good. How exactly are you making it multiplayer? Are you using plugins?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 23:23
@The crazy

Ive gone through several ways of doing multiplayer, originaly using dbpro's multiplayer, and now ending up with Benjamin's brilliant tempest plugin.

Formerly SageTech
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 23:50
Hm... how easy would it be to say... make a simple 3d walk-around chat game? What I mean is was it easy for you? (sorry for so many questions) Do you have a server set up or something?

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 23:53
With tempest its quite easy. I had multiple cubes (players) walking on a matrix in about 2 days. And tempest is P2P, so there really isnt a server, just a host.

Formerly SageTech
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 00:15
Ah, I see. I assume that this is a free plugin? Either way, I'm gonna look in the forums for it. Thanks!

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks cool nice level im sure it will be great once you have animations done.

The admiral
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 00:32
Hello once again. Just an update, I havent gone anywhere with animation still, which is disapointing, but alas, Ill have to put it on the backburner until I can find someone to help me with it. So, Ill be having a online game session going on June 20 1:00 - 1:30 EST. If your intrested then please do tell me ahead of time, as each game will only support a maximum of 16 players. The game will be showcasing a deathmatch style game, guns working and all, just no animation(walking, dying, whatnot).

Formerly SageTech
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 01:32
Make a .ms3d version and give me a list of animations you need and I can animate it for you.

Come see the WIP!
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 02:04 Edited at: 18th Jun 2006 02:28
Nevermind, I figured it out, sent you an email just now with the model. Thanks a bunch.

Formerly SageTech
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 03:47
Dude count me in. That would be 3:00 Pacific time right? Or would it be 11:00?

LordoFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 04:27
I would like to participate if I have the time. I should! =D Looks nice by the way...

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 05:14
Quote: "Nevermind, I figured it out, sent you an email just now with the model. Thanks a bunch."

So, you've animated it yourself? Or were you having problems with the format, then edited over your comment?

If you do want me to animate it, send it to cash.curtis@gmail.com. It will take me a couple days, just because I'm so busy.

Come see the WIP!
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 05:25
@Cash

I was having a problem with the format, but figured it out, Ill email it again to the adress you just specified.

Also to potential testers, the test date may be pushed back, if I can have those animations for the test, Id much prefer that. However I wont push it back any farther than next weekend, so no worries there. Thanks.

Formerly SageTech
LordoFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 07:34
Alrighty man, score. Cant wait.

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 21:40
Hey guys,

For some reason my damage system decided to crap out on me when I added something, so im rewriting it. Fun Fun. The cool thing is now I should be able to have bullet holes, before I couldnt do that. Anyway I decided Ill do the test tommorow at 3:00-3:30 EST (Thats 8pm in the UK I bealive) There still arn not any animations, but thats ok, they will get done eventully, and I have time (I love you cash). So Looking foward to it, and hoping to have the guns workin by then.

Cheers Amigos

Back by unpopular demand!
Battle Legacy has gone MMORPG! Nah, Im just kidding. But seriously, check the WIP

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 01:49
I'm still in Sounds fun.

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 21:46 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2006 02:05
Alright, atactched to this post is a zip of the program. Unfortunatly, I didnt have enough time to implement the shooting and health code, becouse a last minute bug reared its ugly head. I promise I will have it next time. Anyway, a few things you should know:

Yes, I know the guns look to big and out of place, I havent fitted them to the body yet, hes just in his placeholder pose, so that would be a waste of time anyway.

The Camera somtimes seems to flip out when you move it all the way down and iradicly move, Plan to fix, but just to let ya know.

Movement is with WSDA. Space to jump. 1-2 to toggle differnt weapons(Once again, You cant use them, but you can see them)

EDIT: Forgot my ip, doh! It is 192.168.0.103

Enjoy! (or not )

Battle Legacy has gone MMORPG! Nah, Im just kidding. But seriously, check the WIP

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 22:14
object number illegal at line 76. Please fix it I'm looking forward to testing it

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 22:16
I feared this would happen, seems as if my comp never likes to host, The crazy, would you mind hosting?

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 22:20
Ok, but I won't be on for a super long time. Also, my ip address changes frequently so it won't be the same tommorrow or the next or something.

Here's mine

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 02:10
Ok, testing is over with, went very well. Thanks the crazy. Ill release another one somtime next week with weapon fireing. Till then,

Cheers amigos

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 18:49
Okay, I've finally gotten it done. I e-mailed you the model.

It was extremely hard to do, and didn't turn out perfect by any means. Lots of vertices were broken, leaving holes in the model. There was no symmetry in the body either, which made repairing the holes very hard. You should probably redo the model. However, the animations work, and they'll certainly work in your game.

You requested only a run animation, but I thought a few more might be useful. I've included basic movements and jumping, plus the same animations holding a pistol. You'll need to glue it to the model yourself. However, as the model has no limbs save for the root limb, that might be a challenge.

Here are the animations. I included them in the e-mail.

Oh, one thing. I forgot to include the yago.bmp texture in the RAR file. Just copy it to the same place and it should work just fine.

Good luck with the game.

Come see the WIP!
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 22:00 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 22:05
Thank you Very Much! As for the model, it was the best I could get my hands on, im really not a moddeler, im just plain awfull at it! Also thankyou for all thos bonus animations, That sets me way ahead of schedule! Cheers,

EDIT: Odd, I didnt seem to reicieve the thing, why I have no idea, but my email clients seem to always play games with me. If its not to much trouble could you post the model here? Thanks again.

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Hasnt this been posted before??

The admiral
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 01:19
Quote: "Hasnt this been posted before??"

What What?

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 04:28
Here you go. I thought I'd e-mail it first so it wouldn't become public fodder. Hope it suits your needs.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 05:11 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 07:26
Wow! These are amazing Cash, have you ever thought of doing this as a side job? There are plenty of people who need this sort of thing, and they are absolutly Great looking. Though when I did open the model up and looked at the skelatol structure it was different the what im used to, is the norm for most rigged characters?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:21:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:21:40