Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How would I create muzzle flash?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 03:36
I am new to DBPro and have searched this forum for an answer already, and it only came up with one, which was to "Browse somebody elses entire FPS game for the code"...

Now this game's code was erm.... Big, to say the least, aswell as confusing for somebody who has only just started learning the ropes...

However, I did have a little look, but my head was just all over the place as I scanned through HUD code, HEALTH code, GUN loading code, LEVEL loading code etc etc... So I decided I would just post my current code here, and see if you guys could help me out...

Thanks

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 06:20
don't take this the wrong way, but don't you think you are putting the horse before the cart with your request.?

There are way more important things like stats, AI, collision, etc before you put some textured plains at the end of your gun for muzzle flashes...

IMHO, you should concentrate on the meat before worrying about whats for dessert....
Hazviz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 12:10
Hi there,
Thanks for your reply.

In all honesty, I know myself that I should be doing what you are saying, because at the moment it is only stopping me from getting on with what I should be more worried about.

But, it's been the same with me for the 3-4 years or so that I have been programming. Once I have implemented something, I like to get it 100% how I want it before I move on. Bad habit on my part but it's something I cannot seem to break out of.

I appreciate your comments though,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:36:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:36:05