Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / One more try! My FREE music, royalty free for commercial use, no credit needed!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 05:09
I'm currently going to try and upload these files again one last time, the itle should tell you what they are, but first...

I'm going to upload a video. this is the coolest thing! It's called the mentos expirement! first take 8 mentos and put them in a paper roll (you'll see this on the video) squeze the first in the tube so the mentos don't slide out. then drop them in a 2 liter bottle of diet coke. stand back! note: they must all go in at the same time, becuase the reaction is quick. see video to preview this.

Note: that's some kid on my street who lives next to me, i give him the games i make with FPSC, so we know each other. I got his permission to upload this file.

the reason i uploaded this, is because this needs to be seen, but i have no other people to show it to!

In all likelyhood, people dream of cheese twice in a life time!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 05:12
and now the songs...

song 1

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 05:17
hey! one worked! and now 2.

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 05:43
I'll try three!

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 05:44 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 05:47
now four!

EDIT: oops! i forgot to atach it. fixing...

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 05:53 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 05:57
how about some 5 action?

EDIT: forgot song again!

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 06:00
and some 6 thrown in the mix!

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 06:36
7lishious!

and now there all done!

Attachments

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 06:57 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2006 01:42
i took my time to make these and upload them one by one, and no one even bothered to post any form of comment whatsoever? and don't tell me there sleeping again, because i can see that it says it's been viewed plenty o' times

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"

Attachments

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:03
Tell ya what. I'll give you an honest critique of each one. Maybe it will help, maybe it's what you're looking for, maybe not. But i won't bash your stuff, Ill be honest and give you some advice to go along with each one. it may give insight on why noone is commenting.

1. The video is just silly. Noones going to take you seriously especially after wasteing a perfectly good Coke. It may have been diet but c'mon, free music or wasted Coke (OK #1 was a joke review)
2.Track1- It's kinda just basic beats. There's nothing else added to it. It need some other types of sounds.
3.Track2- This one started off with a pretty cool jungle kinda sound, but midway that glass tinking just went off beat and got really annoying. Also same as above ,its all percusssion.
4.Track3- Ok this one sounded alomost exactly like an 80's boyband beat. Does this program do anythingelse besides drums and beats?
5.Track4- This one is accually intresting but not too applicable in a FPS. Sounds more like a puzzle game music. This one wasn't too bad.
6.Track5- This one sounded kinda good and industrial like, but it seemed like it needed some music or some sort of tune to break up the monotiny of the beat.
7.Track6- Ok insert the same review as Track5 and replace "good and industrial" with popish and hiphoplike"(notice good wasn't in there)
8. Track7- Once again it's kinda just basic beats and toward's the end it just goes way off beat. It seemed like you wanted some sort of climax there but it kinda flopped on ya.

All in all it seemed more like a "hey lemme get something out there real quick" kinda thing. They seemed rushed and not quite thought out. Your enthusiasim to share is really awsome and much appriciated, but take more time on them, make them longer and vary a bit. Just beats won't constitute much as music. Make sure they loop well especially if they're short. Think of a genre of game that you would be playing and imagine music that would set the mood of the game,and not just be music for the sake of having music in a game. By no means stop; just expand a bit. Experiment with melody and timing and I'm sure you'll come up with something decent.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:09
first off, i didn't waste the coke, my next door neighbor did...

and secondly they do loop. they need to have much of a tune if they are simply acting as backround music becuase they are just some filler sound so it's not too quite. I'm currently working on a better sci-fi music pack that might be out by sunday if i work like a dog and give up Babylon5 for a day or two...

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:22
Quote: "they need to have much of a tune if they are simply acting as backround music becuase they are just some filler sound so it's not too quite"

This is just my opinion but that seems completely wrong. Every aspect of a game contributes to what a player experiences. And we all know that the experience equals the funfactor. Let's ay you were playing Resident evil, and the music was the one from Kirby's magic whatever. How effective would that game be? Im no musician , but I honestly don't think that its there just so it won't be too quiet. Remember, everything contributes, otherwise like I said-Its music for just having music's sake wich is pointless really.
I stated I wasn't trying to bash you, just give you some advice, but you seemed a bit annoyed. You wanted some opinions; I thought I gave you some helpful ones. i was just trying to help you avoid saying stuff like this-

Quote: "i took my time to make these and upload them one by one, and no one even bothered to post any form of comment whatsoever? and don't tell me there sleeping again, because i can see that it says it's been viewed plenty o' times"

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:26
i wasn't annoyed, i just was responding to your review. and you gave me an idea...

I'm gonna get music from kirby and play it not to Resident Evil, but the origanal DOOM!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:29 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 08:37
LOL. I seriously hope your joking, or will take with you the experience that you get out of doing that

EDIT- Here is a cool little exercise I do when making demos and such (this is more for your own games rather than createing tracks)

add the music you choose then start the test with your eyes closed. Get the feel of the musics mood, then open your eyes and ask yourself, "Is this what I expected to see?" Now try that with Kirby and Doom, LOL

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 08:37
fine i will try kirby doom! and I'll add a bright pink filter to my moniter!

Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
Zaibatsu, I'll use your soundFX in one of my less than serious levels in the game were making. Might be worth a chuckle or two. Disturbing 13 I must report on your cultist character, Outstanding! Outstanding!
Perfect for dark tight gothic/cyberpunk levels! Can't wait to show ya what we did for your character! Major credit for you!..And you to Zaibatsu.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 09:26
Very cool! Glad to help. can't wait to see some screens or play a demo.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 22:00 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 22:00
what a quicedne, i am just about to go out and do that mantos/coke experiment with my cubsout den (im a den chief if anyone knows what that means) I just a video at emtybird.com

http://www.eepybird.com/

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
what program do you use to make this?

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:43
i use a combo of about 3 different programs, none of which i can remember the names of, or the makers of it

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
riiiiggghhhhtttt... can you check the names for me? arent they on your computer?

Just google pallmanni and get the history of me!

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/ so friggin funny!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 22:34
I'll see if i can find them, but i made these songs a year or so ago. they were in mp3 so i had to convert them recently though

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 23:11
Pretty good music. I'm not sure if these are good with FPS though but maybe they could do with movies.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:34:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:34:22