Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help withDirect X 9.0c

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 10:52
Ok I updated to 6.01 the other day, and then downloaded DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft. I started up DBPro and typed in some code just to make sure it worked. Now before I updated directx if I tried to run any code it would give me the following error message and then kick me back to the editor.

Now, after updating DirectX to version 9.0c, while trying to run the same code it gives me the same error message and then runs the program perfectly. There dosen't seem to be any problem with anything, it just flashes the message and then executes the program. I've made sure I got the correct version of DirectX, and even reinstalled it, but that error message is still there. Any help? Here's the code I've been testing it with.

So if anybody could help me out I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Dream And Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 15:04 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 15:04
Er, did you not see the large notice??
Quote: "You must have the February 2006 DirectX 9.0c run-times installed prior to using this Upgrade, and an active Internet connection."

Try re-installing 6.01 now that you have the new DirectX.
Fjope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 17:11 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 18:53

No I didn't!

Thanks, I guess I should have noticed that.

EDIT: It didn't work. any other ideas? I can't figure out what's wrong. Everything appears0 to be ok, it runs anything perfectly, the only problem is that darned error message. Wierd.

Dream And Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 21:30
Depends on the error message - there may be a problem in the program which isn't fatal, but will cause problems on down the line.

Could you tell us the error message?
Fjope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 10:40
Quote: "DirectX 9.0 installed (589824). Requires DirectX 9.0c (december 2005) or later."

It acts just like it did before I uninstalled then reinstalled everything. It's no real issue, I'm just afraid that something, like you said, could cause trouble later.

I't doesn't make sense though, the whole thing behaves normally except for that one message(screenshot of it is attatched).

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:24:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:24:45