Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / map maker help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 03:32
i'm trying to make a map maker, and i know im a long way from it. I cant find anything using the search button about this, so..
Is it possible to select a matrix segment using either the mouse, or a keyboard?
Is it possible to load a heightmap and fit the matrix to it? Would it have anything to do with reading the bytes of a file?

How do you make a model file? Can you only make .dbo files?

i know that most of these have ben done before, but thanks for the help

parrot
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 07:07
"save mesh" allows you to make .x files

Insanity is just a state of mind
Moe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 08:55
so its not possible 2 do the other 2?

parrot
Dream And Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 09:29
Hop over to the DBP discussion board, and check one of the stickies: - DBPro Coding Challenges -
The challenge from last month was a terrain generator. I think that you may be confusing matrix commands and terrain - I think that heightmaps only work with terrain, though I could be wrong. The Coding Challenge should answer just about any question you might have though!

Good luck!
Moe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 09:33
actually the heightmaps only working with terrains gives me the answer. Is thre any way i could use some commands and make the matrix into a close replica of a heightmap?

Also ive seen it being done on the dumbow and cool level maker in the finished projects board, so now i know you can't select land with your mouse, but using arrowkeys and i think i can work that out. But how would you go about highlighting the selected segment?
So far i know hjow to make the matrix, randomize it, color it, select a segment using the arrowkeys, and use the mouse to drag the size. But i cant manage to make the lift in the matrix radiate outwards, smoothing it. And the island challenge didnt really help at all. I knkow how to make,randomize and smooth a matrix already.

Srry if i sound annoyed i had a long day...

parrot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:35:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:35:41