Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Does documentation exist?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A friend of mine wants me to do some programming for him using Dark Basic. I\\\\\\\'ve been trying to figure out how the language works, but haven\\\\\\\'t had too much luck finding any sort of comprehensive documentation. I\\\\\\\'ve seen a couple of \\\\\\\"Learn how to program\\\\\\\" type things, and a few \\\\\\\"This is how you do this one specific thing\\\\\\\" type tutorials, but very little in the way of full fledge documentation. I\\\\\\\'m hoping that I\\\\\\\'m just blind and it\\\\\\\'s sitting in a very obvious place that I just manged to skip over somehow.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 03:20
The help files, the tutorials that come with the software found within the help files, the index, the tutorials on the tutorials section from this site, tutorial city (which you can find by searching tutorial in newcommer's corner), the huge amount of game-specific tutorials (which although the tutorials focus on making one type of game, the theories and methods learnt in those tutorials can be applied to almost any other games), AND all of the forum posts covering almost every possible beginner's question, are all resources for documentation. If you havent found them through searches I'd advise you revise the phrases you're using to search, instead of typing "DBP Tutorial" just type "Tutorial", instead of "How to make a game" search "Game", etc.

- RUC'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:30:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:30:49