Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Charactor Problem:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 06:12
Sorry Mods but this is kinda a repeat question of what I posted to bond but I'm thinking ppl may not be checking that thread until they need to animate a char.

Ok this is probably an advanced question more suited to people really adept with 3d max and FPSC.

I've got this character model I want to let Codemaster give away as part of his promotional deal when WC is released. I'm getting an odd "spiky" deal of vertex when its imported into FPSC. It's fine in 3dmax( version 8 with the latest updates of service pack 3) and I used the updated Panda exporter for the version 8 only. The Panda site hinted on this but wasn't real clear how to rectify this problem. It rolls though the animations fine but as you'll see in the in game picks theres no way I can release this anyone in it's current state.

This wasn't made as all one mesh but that shouldn't matter...I've made many things and "attached" items modeled at different times but I liked the way the hair turned out better being a separate mesh then when I made it all part of the head more like the Akio model.

If anyone has any ideas on this I'd greatly appreciate it. I've never had a model do this so I'm kind of stumped.

PS: Mods delete the post I made in Bonds animation sticky as it doesn't seem he's answering...I'd rather more people looked at this as it's own thread.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Locrian, one thing that I failed to mention in the tutorial but could make a difference: When initializing your biped, set the vertex-link assignment to "rigid" instead of deformable. I assume that FPSC only supports rigid verts (like many other engines), as this has given me more predictable results when rigging.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 07:53
Thanks Bond. I'll do that tomarrow as it's a lil late tonight. I've re rigged this thing probably 20 times with all the same results.

But funny I've never had this problem before and I've never set any of my verts ridged( my resoning was.."Well, they need to flex" >.< But perhaps thats what your meaning by "predicatble" as this has been a shock to my system.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 09:05
I have had the same problem when getting my own characters into fpsc. I turn the mesh from editable poly to editable mesh. Then reset the transforms, add an X Form modifier then rig the model.

But what Mark has said:

Quote: "set the vertex-link assignment to "rigid" instead of deformable"

That will probably cut my way out of the picture. But to be honest, I havent looked at what the vertex-link assignment is set to when I initialize the biped.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't let the term "rigid" put you off. They will still flex normally.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 12:24
Ive just rigged a model and tried rigid, but I couldnt edit the links, kind of weird that it happened. I had to use the default setting.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 19:24

OK, someone shoot me cause I'm over this. I've tried making it rigid. I've added and XForm mod then rigged. And the oddest thing. This picture above is with the xform/rigid and the char has reversed it self....the gun/holster is on opposite side/hair drapes over right eye now....And as you see from this last pick compaired to the old in game ss the same vert's dont always go haywire...it's like random....this is so not making sence to me.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 20:40
You need to go into vertex edit mode and fix the links. Play the animation and watch for any deformations.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 01:41 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 01:44
dude...there are no defpormations in 3dmax...none at all....thats why im so blown...this makes no sence. Matter a fact.......never do I ever have to fix verts in 3d max.....my skels are always spot on and ive never once had to grab verts to re-assign them......this char is driving me insane.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 09:03
Well.....I've got it fixed and I want to thank you guys for trying to help me. I have no clue what went on. Since I seen 4 verts springing from the boots I made the boots and leg all one piece like below

To:

This makes no sense why this cleared things up cause in the same mesh the hair is a separately attached mesh. I also noticed that when rigging in max8 the fig/mesh once the .bip was added always went below the zero point. When I did the same thing in Max6 it remained at 0 once it was initialized.....very strange....Though this thread can be closed I'd like to talk more with anyone else having similar oddities. I can be PMed on Codes site in my sig link.
Id love to know why this made any differance at all...

Signed Stumped

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Well glad you got it worked out, not quite sure why you had problem - Aiko is made up of pieces also. They were all combined into a single mesh, right? Also, did you have the "set lowest foot hieght to zero" box checked when importing the biped?

Just guesses, as its hard to tell exactly what was going on. But at least you sorted it out.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 18:46
Yeah bond I did have that checked and the fig still caused the mesh to go below the zero line once initalized....I got FPSC like Dec, and since then Ive never had a char/entity react like that. And, joining the boots should'nt have made a bit of differance but it did. I'm just totally lost as to what the problem was.

Oh well....shes done and acting just as stupid as the rest of the AI in fpsc so for a free char I'm over her. Just wish I knew what the problem was.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 18:59
One model comment:

For a woman her body is a bit to wide.Further,Nice model and glad you got it in FPSC.

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...

Join the dark side and be a legend...
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 02:06 Edited at: 20th Jun 2006 02:06
Quote: "For a woman her body is a bit to wide"

the character is based from the picture of the woman in his signature

she is wearing some sort of body armour if im not mistaken
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 02:35
Exactly Templar. A tactical vest...its a freebie promotional for Codes prog. A low poly version of the mascot to be given away on his site....to encourage people to go there( purchase wont be necessary but still have to go there to get it).....still a freebie. Ill be posting soon, as I want to release all the uvmaps and the psd file for it incase people want to easily change something.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah she looks good. The field-of-view in FPSC tends to distort things on the very edges of the screen, as I have noticed with my own models. Look at the center pics, she nicely proportioned.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:42:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:42:14