Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / crosshair problem PLEASE HELP!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 21:34
hi,
I downloaded some crosshair packs just resently and i have a problem. I replace the existing crosshair with the one i want in the gamecore>guns file, and yes they are .dds. Now here's the problem. Regardless of what shape the crosshair is, it just appears as a small white dot. Could someone PLEASE help me with this problem due to it is driving me insane!!!

thanks a million

Josh

Windows XP Home Edition,Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6,AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz,1024MB RAM,2 NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256MB graphics cards, SLI motherboard,5.1 soundcard.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 21:55
Save it as a .tga and erase the .dds, that should do it.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 22:42
that shouldn't be a problem though, becuase all of my custom crosshairs are dss and they work for me

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2006 22:45
.dds converters can be a bit tricky, especially when it comes to mipmaps and such. It's just safer to make it a .tga and let the engine convert it to a .dds. the engine will read the .dds first so removing the old one will ensure that the custom one will get written to a .dds.

Blackburn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 00:31
they have to be a .dds form and when you put them into the gamecrore file rename it to crosshair.dds otherwise like you said it shows up as a white dot also did u download my crossahir pack?

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 02:54
That's not nessecarily true. while in the editor you can change the crosshair ,by the method i mentioned above, then when you run the test level it will automaticly change the .tga into a.dds just like it converts all .x files to .dbo files. Don't make it harder than it is. The engine does that to all .tga files, that are used and when you compile the game it only keeps the.dds. So do you editing in the test phase and save yourself some trouble.

Blackburn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 03:24
well just change it to .dds because its in the gunspec file but u can leave it as a .tga but u would have to change the gunspec.(trust me ive tried allmost any possable way and ive only found my way sucesssfull)but im not goin to start and argument so ill leave it at that.

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 04:12
Is the crosshair you imported named "crosshair"?It has to be that or it won't show up as a crosshair.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 09:26
Did you buy my crosshair pack?

If so, i may need to make some changes to it to get the crosshairs working but i thought they already did (work).

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:38:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:38:06