Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / top view game: crossair

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I changed my game to a top view game, just to avoid some other problems that was occuring other wise. and i just ran into a little thing, is there a way to make it so instead of just hiding the mouse, i can hide it, and then just have a '+' sign where it is, so the player can see what direction they would be shooting.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Easy ... Just ...

Sprite 1,Mousex(),Mousey(),1

Xender
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 15:20 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 15:32
EDIT: deleted original post

Wait, hold on dont post yet im thinking of something about changing my game because i just got a great idea... so i will have a diff. question on the same lines, but hold on one second

EDIT: new idea: ok since my game is top view, i was remembering this old arcade game i used to play that was like this, and what you did was just moved forwards and backwards , and when you hit left and right, it didnt strafe it just rotated it, so i put this in instead of what i originnaly had:

ok so then back to the mouse thing, instead of having my object shoot in the direction its facing, i was thinking of having it shoot in the direction of where the mouse was at, so you could shoot backwards while being chased by enemies.. but that is my delema..
i changed the code like this so you could see where the mouse was :
but because when i rotated ....... blahhhh im confusing myself and thus you, just how could i make it so the bullets go towards the mouse position , not shooting from the front of the guy like it is now, this is my full code :
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 19:03 Edited at: 19th Jun 2006 19:04
I didn't incorporate it into your code but I have made a demonstration of what it sounds like you are trying to do. You can use parts of my code, but realize you will have to change some things for it to work with yours.

Insanity is just a state of mind
Xender
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you so much, i put it in and it works great, thanks for the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 01:26:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 01:26:23