Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2006 18:17
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to model hands?

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 04:05
First You'll need some supplies.

1. A camera
2. a sewing kit and some material
3. a sense for fashion.
4. a runway

step one, make hot, sexy, stylish outfit for your hand, exposing all of it's tender areas, and make it almost skin tight.

step two, have sexy hand walk down runway, really workin' it and shakin it's little fingers.

step three, have person photograpg that sexy hand and send it to newspapers. NOTE: the hand may feel violated and exposed in this part of the process, and if it does, then just tell her that it can walk down the runway nude instead, and it will gladly go in the skimpy outfit.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 04:38 Edited at: 21st Jun 2006 04:40
Zaibatsu,
Please refrain from making any more posts like that.It wasn't really funny and it is of no help whatsoever.
Blackburn,
What software are you using to model hands with?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 04:41 Edited at: 21st Jun 2006 04:47
i actually use the same method as the tutorial which crow posted a while back on modelling characters, so it would be good to watch that, i'll get the link...brb

EDIT:

ok, here it is, some french guy explaining an intro to character modelling, and covers hands, with full fingers

http://files.filefront.com/intro_character_modelingwmv/;4972544;;/fileinfo.html

very basic of course, but you pick up some good methods, he does what i do, connecting edges.

note: keep in mind, this is for max, if your using something else, sorry, cant help you there

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 07:19
I do vertex by vertex modeling in Milkshape (and I think almost every modeler has done this) I accually map out the triangles on my own hand with an pen, and use pics of it for reference. The fun part is explaining to people why you have lines on your hand.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:41:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:41:48