Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Question on core pack vol. 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 06:33
Since the pop can says dr. pepper, and the pop machine says coca cola, i guess they are for non commercial use right?

In Russia, Zombie Shoots You!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 06:44
most likely, unless you get written permission, which i think is stupid, since your advertising for them...

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 07:35
I would think non commercial use only but you may want to ask them.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 07:51
HHmm...

if it says that.you might not even SELL the models.you cant make profit of copyrighted material.

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...

Join the dark side and be a legend...
Rick M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 18:04 Edited at: 20th Jun 2006 18:05
Quote: "most likely, unless you get written permission, which i think is stupid, since your advertising for them..."

I agree, because if someone sees it advertised, even, in a not so popular game, they may go and try it.

Quote: "I would think non commercial use only but you may want to ask them."

Yes, I may, but I think that is more jon fletchers job, seeing that he is selling the pack containing the Dr. pepper can and Coca Cola pop machine.

Quote: "if it says that.you might not even SELL the models.you cant make profit of copyrighted material."

Thats exactly what i thought, but jon fletcher is selling them in his core pack, so I'm not sure...

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 18:09
we should ask Jon...

OR report him to Coca Cola and Doctor Pepper.

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...

Join the dark side and be a legend...
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 18:56 Edited at: 20th Jun 2006 20:00
thanks for the question, i realise this issue has come up a bit, but im sure it is fine to include this media in your game as it is not literally copying the product, or by any means, physically posing a threat, however for safety reasons, i shall release variations of the texture of custom products for those who are feeling insecure

thank you, expect the variations quite soon

edit:

check the fix thread for the variations if you are insecure on using this media

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
Rick M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 20:11
Quote: "OR report him to Coca Cola and Doctor Pepper.
"
Now thats just mean....

Quote: "thanks for the question, i realise this issue has come up a bit, but im sure it is fine to include this media in your game as it is not literally copying the product, or by any means, physically posing a threat, however for safety reasons, i shall release variations of the texture of custom products for those who are feeling insecure

thank you, expect the variations quite soon

edit: check the fix thread for the variations if you are insecure on using this media "

Thanks Jon!

Rick M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 20:16 Edited at: 20th Jun 2006 20:17
Just a silly question jon, would it be possible to make it so when you press enter on the pop machine a pop can (the one you made) would come out of the slot? (Yes for you halflife 1 and 2 fans, thats where I got the idea. lol)

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 20:35
unfortunately im not great with scripts, so spawning entities may not be an option sorry, though it could be very possible

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
Rick M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2006 20:36
Cool, Can't wait for corepak Vol. 2!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:37:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:37:20