Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Help with annoyingly Invisible entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 02:04 Edited at: 21st Jun 2006 21:36
PROBLEM SOLVED ---> All the faces were inverted, and so it rendered invisible...I would of expected black, but hey, they were transparent... so...

If someone would be kind enough to lock this, then it wont clog up the forum.

PLEASE DONT POST HERE!!

Ok. I made a rat.
Its a nice rat. If I make him static he's a happy rat.
If I make him dynamic he is invisible.
He's definately there (I can see his shadow run away when I get too close), but try as I might, he wont show up.

I have tried:
physics on and off
isimmobile on and off
changing the spawn script.
altering the arbitrary x y and z values in the FPE

I've basically been at it for like an hour, and it's really really p155ing me off now. I've never had this problem with any of my custom media before.

If anyone else has experienced and survived the curse of the invisible dynamic entity and can help, i'd love them forever, and send them a rat. and maybe a cow.

cheers
butters

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 02:17
I have had the same problem once before. I personally think it was the texture I was using. Hope someone responds so we can get a definite answer.

Good to see you Butters. How you doin these days?

Quote: "p155ing"

lol.

-NIK

"I would rather die standing up, than live life on my knees" -Che Guevara
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 02:23
I have experience glitches in FPSC which have caused this kind of thing with characters occasionally when FPSC gets tired and confused.

If all else fails I would suggest if you have exhausted all other possibilities that you remove the offending entity altogether.

Compile test run and then exit back to editor and save the level.

Exit FPSC - if necessary reboot/clear FPSC temp files.

Restart FPSC and place your entity anew in your level.

FPSC can sometimes behave a little erratically - though this may not help in your case it has in the past with me.

You might even just try starting a new empty level as a test piece and place a new entity there to see if the same thing happens before the procedures mentioned above.

In the main the only other things I have seen produce such results apart from what you have mentioned above are bad .x files or the entities obviously dissapearing out (upwards or downwards) of the level due to their script or physics settings.

Bad scripts themselves can cause erratic and unusual behaviours.

Hope you get it fixed. Thas all I can suggest for now.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 04:38
I like happy rats.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 18:37
I get that too, but thats more with some of my stuff like my Bowling pins...Very annoying..

Check out http://www.freewebs.com/lasse-b for free Stuff for FPSC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:15