Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 06:43 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2006 06:51
ok heres my problem, ive just made the switch to milk shape, becuse before i perchuse a modeling program i am trying everything any one sugested.
im some what new to modeling
ok i made a simple object, i didnot texture it with the program, but i saved the untextered object has .x, use enity maker, aplied my jpg texter(created in paint) when i took a snapshot the texture was there, ran the game placed it. IT CAME OUT PALE WHITE!!
i tried trobull shoting, every thing was there and in the right place, dose the in game screen not allow jpeg textures ? is my enity maker screwed up, becuse i noticed the user file isent the same user file as the one in fpsc, so i add the finshed entiys manuly..

SORRY about all the long talk i just wanted to make it so you under stand everthing ive done, that way u can simply help me with my promblem without having to ask me ferther qustions on how i made the enity.

Edit one, wow sorry about all that i fixed the promblem i had, but now i have another problem the texture on it is upside down, here is a screen shot

visit FLASH AFECT
http://www.freewebs.com/mruseless/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 08:10
That is why you should accually texture your object in milkshape. Just making a primative and hopeing it will texture right is a horrid idea.find some tutorials on textureing in milkshape and study them well.

MR useless
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i guss i will have to learn that about milkshape, umm in your opinon what program should i go with, do you think milkshape is a decent program (this is to buy ive tried almost everyother modeling program) or should i go with somthing else.

visit FLASH AFECT
wgreg2001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 22:42
Dud I just registered my copy of MilkShape , For $30.00 I think it is the best piece of software for the money, I am new to Modeling, and with all the help Forums I was able to create a starship in a few hours

warren gregory
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2006 04:17
yeah milkshape is pretty good. I use it for everything.

Horror weapon pack coming soon!
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 23:34
Quote: "I use it for everything."

everything? do you cook your dinner in it?

Just kidding,

no seriously:
what Disturbing13 said

Check out http://www.freewebs.com/lasse-b for free Stuff for FPSC
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
You make a Model in milkshape3D, you go to materials, you click new. You see a button with <none> on it, click on it.. Select your texture. Press CTRL+A, Select Assign. Now you have your texture.

Advanced texturing: You select a part of your model. You press CTRL+T and you press the Region button, then you select a part of your texture, then you select the part of the model in the upper box still in the CTRL+T Window. Par example : Box 1/Sphere1 whatever. Then you select where it to be applied (Front/left/bottom etc.) and you press remap.

There you got your texture.

Hope this could be usefull... Hope this is any help to you

I think this should be stickied...

Nah just kidding
MR useless
Years of Service
User Offline
wow that helped a lot, all the other help on texturing taut you through building somthing, and the last thing i had time and patiance for was to build what they wanted you to build, and even when i did what they aseked me to do i lost track of how i did it becuse i was to bussy with all the other steps.

that realy helped

visit FLASH AFECT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:30:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:30:49