Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / New Animated Monster Models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,

I added new models to my site and will be adding even more in the next weeks. All of them were created for an rpg my team was working on but we decided to put it on ice and do an arcade game (for the 40+ housewife market ) instead :o.
Anyways here are the promo pics:
Lich

Stinky Goblin

Bas

http://www.basilstudio.com/

www.basilstudio.com
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 20:15
Very nice work, Basil.

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 20:22
great love the smilies

im not stupid im just misunderstod
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 20:43 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2006 20:47
Very cool, but if you want to maximise your sales around here, they should be FPSC ready, with control scripts (fpe scripts) included. Which may be very tricky to get done, since you don't use the regular fpsc animation seqences.

Quote: "All of them were created for an rpg my team was working on but we decided to put it on ice and do an arcade game (for the 40+ housewife market ) instead "

Clever move, since that's where the money is nowadays, in casual gaming. RTS, RPG & FPS aren't the big money makers anymore, it's arcade and casual games that catch on very fast and are starting to dominate the market. Especially with the majority if sales moving from stores to the internet within the next 10 years.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 20:54
very nice

Vol.2 coming this summer
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 23:33
nice but 15$ i wont buy for 1 model sorry

http://ninjasoftforum.proboards107.com
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 00:40
Basil, I feel that you are less of a community member and more of a marketeer, appearing only to advertise your wares, then dissappearing back to 3DS to churn out more models, which in all honesty are not alot of use to the wealth of FPSC users who can't write their own FPEs for characters.

I'm not even meaning to be harsh, but I could buy a TGC model pack for £12 (thereabouts), and that would have 20 models FPSC ready, or I could spend £15 on ONE model, thats just a mesh+texture, no fpe, or anything. So Im gonna have to manually mess around getting the character the right scale, then (somehow) obtain the keyframe data, and then after all that, custom script them, because your animations are infact not the same as FPSC ones.

seems like a waste of money really. I could spend that £15 pack of cigarettes and some hobnobs and make the models myself!!

But it's not all doom and gloom

If you send me the key frame details for each character (not even the models), I'll write the FPEs for them, infact, if you send me a static version of the models (or if you're uncomfortable with that, a mesh cube the same height and width), I'll get them fully ready (scale etc).

Hows that?!
Constructive criticism and a solution.

butters

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 01:33
be cool guys, little do you know, these models are perfectly worth that amount of money, the only reason the TGC model packs are large and cheap is because most of the people on these forums cant afford large investments into their hobbies. if you were to take this to the Torque or Blitz3D community, it would get alot of sales from dedicated game developers

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 01:37
The problem I see is not the price is that you buy this and someone else buys it and you make a game to sell and so someone else makes a game with them and you have games made with the same models being sold.
Best if your making a game to sell to do your own models.
Right now I can't see anyone selling a game till there is a save and load for the games.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 05:32
ive said this before, and i will say it again.

most FPSC users are spoiled. They are used to TGC model packs, with 50 models for 20$, when in the real game market, it isnt like that.

this is a good price for a model that looks that good, but most of you just take it for granted.

notice the word MOST, im not trying to start anything.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 09:38
Yes, I have to agree with you Bullshock (And Jon). This pack is definentily worth $15. Just compare prices on Turbosquid.com and you will see

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 11:01
Quote: "Just compare prices on Turbosquid.com and you will see"

Never ever compare a price with a price at Turbosquid. Turbosquid takes a huge chunk out of the profit, so designers will add a lot ot the price to still make good money. Also models sold at Turbosquid are generally overpriced, some even tot he absurd. It's the worse place you can compare prices with.

Quote: "most FPSC users are spoiled. They are used to TGC model packs, with 50 models for 20$, when in the real game market, it isnt like that."

I tend to disagree with this statement also. I do own a number of 3D game engines and for all them you can buy excellent model packs even with lot's of animated characters for between $15 and $40.

I've never paid $15 for a single model at all and you don't need to. The most I ever paid for models was $40 and that contained 100 models, 30 completely animated characters included. Quality? Just as good as the models shown here.

Same pack sells at turbosquid also, but it only contains 12 of the animated characters and nothing else and they do ask $60 for it.

It's just what you define as real market. I rather stay in my unreal market and pay $20 or so for a complete model pack then $15 for one model.

Unfortunally most people believe you need to pay lot's for good models and that we are being spoiled, but acutally if you pay more you're simply being ripped off.

If you need 3D models for whatever engine, search and avoid places like Turbosquid, don't pay more then you need to.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 03:31
Has anyone ever purchased these models?

bombs away

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:39:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:39:08