Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / New Quest for the Glory-Ultima game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I move it here from the 3d chat forum.The progress is still at early stages but we are very ambitiouw and we are looking forward to sell the game,alone or through a company.And of course everybody who wants to join the team,he can contact me at the_black_planet@yahoo.gr

At the moment I'm posting some (not finished of course) models and backgrounds.This is my work,some day I'm going to post some work of an other guy of the team.But bear in mind that the finished result will be much better because I'm still progressing in my studies(now I'm doing the master) and I am working vey hard with a few books and video tutorials.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
the black planet
Years of Service
User Offline
[img]d:\pavel2.jpg[/img]
the black planet
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's the second pic(sorry Idon't know how to post them all in once,thanks for your patience!)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:32 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2006 03:36
This project is not ready for a WIP thread. Neither the game assets nor the game concept are developed enough. I read the post in 3D Chat - you haven't even decided how the game engine will function.

I love the old Quest for Glory and the Ultima games, but they are very different. To say that you're making a cross genre game is usually just a sign of a lack of creativity.

I hope that the programmer on your team is damned good, because an RPG is no easy task. Even with good art and design, a mediocre programmer will doom the project.

Good luck with it.

Btw, how many polys are your models?

Come see the WIP!
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 03:51
Quote: "now I'm doing the master"

What do you mean? Are you getting your masters degree? I read in the previous post that you're learning in college or something.

the black planet
Years of Service
User Offline
to the crazy:

I wrote that I graduated from the university this year and on this september I'm going to have my master degree.Mate,I tried to send you an e-mail at crydrk@sbcglobal.net,and i had some difficulty,I hope you received it finally.

to Cash Curtis II:

Mate don't worry,I said myself that we are now at the very early stages of the game design,but we are all quite experienced and we are working our programs for years,so if we decide it,we can have a demo in less that a week's time.The only problem is that all of us are working and there is little free time.Also I have to make clear to you what I mean by saying "a cross between Ultima and Quest for the Glory".You are right that they are different games but they have 2 things in common.1st)great atmosfear and feeling and 2nd)both have the ultimate gameplay,I think that their designers have managed the right balance of all gameplay elements in order to make it interesting in every second of the gameplay.So may be it looks like a luck of creativity to you,but I don't see why everybody has to make something completely original,it true that some guys are looking forward for an original game,while some other guys(like me) are praying for having some sequels of the classic games.Would you believe me if I tell you that I am dreaming quite often of brand new quest for the glory or ultima games?
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
If your in the early stages then you should not have posted a work in progress in order for it to class as work in progress you need to show some solid work on engine and design.

The admiral
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 08:51
Quote: "I wrote that I graduated from the university this year and on this september I'm going to have my master degree."

Wow, that's something. You completed a four year degree and an eight year degree in the same year. What was your degree in?

If everyone is so experienced, then why are you asking for help?

And how many polys are your models?

Come see the WIP!
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 19:01
Yeah, I'd like to see some more models. I think someone with 16+ years of experience (and being taught by professional teachers) in modeling could show something a bit more impressive.

the black planet
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys I can't understand a word from what you are saying.When did I say about an 8 year degree as Curtis sais and crazy,how did you get the conclusion that I have 16 years of experience???Yes,my english is not the best but I think that I have expressed clearly what I mean.I repeat,I finished last Christmash my bachelor degree in computer animation and by this september I'm going to begin my master degree.I can't figure how this misunderstanding happened...I have 4 years of experience as it is the duration of my studies.And don't believe that you learn too much from the teachers in university,they use to say "search and find for yourself"...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:25:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:25:55