Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 02:03
What is OpenFX?

OpenFX is an Open-Source 3D modeling, animation and rendering suite created by Dr. Stuart Ferguson. He made the decision to release the source code to the public in the middle of 1999, and the product formerly named SoftF/X was renamed to OpenFX. It has now been released under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence.

What can OpenFX do?

A powerful feature-set includes a full renderer and raytrace engine, NURBS support, kinematics-based animation, morphing, and an extensive plugin API.

Plugin capabilities include image post processor effects such as lens flare, fog and depth of field. Animation effects such as explosions, waves and dissolves add enormously to the flexibility of the program. Check out the full list of the various effect types and let your imagination run wild!

What platforms does OpenFX run on?

Currently, OpenFX only runs on the Win32 platform, which includes Windows 95/98/NT/2000. There are plans afoot to port it to Linux/*BSD platforms, and it currently runs fairly well under these by using the WINE set of libraries. If you are interested in helping to port to these platforms, please join our Development Mailing Lists and help out!

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
wow nice!

i now need a goos animation program i dont know how to use calagaris truespace i wont the kind chris has Chris B animations are awsome!!! please dont be studio max crap!!!

~*~princess~*~
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 05:37
looks nice, alot of new modelling software out now, im more interested in the new sculpting program "MudBox" currently in development, its like ZBrush with a windows environment, my dream come true!

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:53