Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / CorePak Vol. 2 - - Police Officer Preview (remake)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 03:06 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 03:18
i just finished remaking the police officer, my last one looked all mexican and weird, but that one will still be included in the pack, aswell as this remake, with some small adjustments to the doctor/medic model, i made a pretty nice cop

i also decided to not make a hat for this one, i know i'll just ruin it, and i like the 'no-hat style' better, like in gta san andreas

well, meh, thats the civil servants done, business man and woman next, then some characters to fight (terrorists, zombies, soldiers etc.)

EDIT:

all 3 together:

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 03:18
great job, and i agree this ones better.

Quote: "gta san andreas"

you play gta? So do I! not the new ones thogh, i like the old ones! have you ever played "GTA2: Respect is Everything"?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 03:25
thanks

hmm, no, never heard of that title, i remember the classic 2d/3d top down ones, they were damn cool im more interested in the newer titles, being a graphics guy and all

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
Havok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 03:57
Nice job once again, Jon! The face map is awesome on the cop, I like it. If you can, you should make a SWAT officer, I love the look of them. BTW, GTA:SA is an awesome game, I've been playing it alot this week.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 04:09
Quote: "If you can, you should make a SWAT officer"

i was thinking about one of those swat guys throughout the whole process of making this cop, i might give it a shot, although there are plenty of alternatives already out there (model pack 1, and that free one that was on fps-files) so it wouldnt be the most original work, but then again, i like making tactical models with all the utilities and junk

cheers

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 05:15
Once again you amaze me with your work.Good job,Jon.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 06:06
thanks fred glad you like, any good ideas for some scenery entities? i think weve sussed out all the comments and suggestions for guns, even though theres more to come, but im not sure what entities i could make aswell...

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 06:16
i woul;d love it if you would do some space station corridors, really sci-fi-ish with a lot of pipes and stuff or plain white, but scifi look.

as for entitys, it would be cool to see cars for your charecters, such as an ambulance, police car, and fire truck.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 06:42
Quote: "i remember the classic 2d/3d top down ones"

GTA2: Respect is Everything was one of those, it was actually the third, if you count GTA: London. I have GTA2: RIE on Gameboy color, and pc. go to http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/ and you can download the original GTA, GTA2 and Wild Metal Country for free, becuase they are now considered classic games.

Quote: "sci-fi-ish with a lot of pipes"

They already have segments like that in the scifi\corridors category. screenie atached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 07:15
i know, but jon does exelent texturing work, and i would like to see some better ones.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 07:26
I agree.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 12:31 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 12:39
They're looking great. You should make a riot control officer and give him a riot shield as a melee attack.

You should make some civilian models. If u want, u could just make 1 or 2 and give them some different textures

Oh and a garbage bag
fire hydrant
and the aforementioned vehicles.

These things would be gr8 4 the pack.

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 14:04
riot officer would be cool.

What about a Night-stick (tonfer) as a melee weapon for the cops?

I think swat would be cool. Especially one of those super heavily armoured ones, like a bomb disposal type guy.

--Cop--

I think the new cop is much better. Looks like the kind of guy who would beat you down on the pavement for speeding. I think maybe tweak the contrast on the hands down a bit, they dont quite match the arms.
And I have to ask, but did you use Chuck Norris as the face reference? It looks alot like him. (check the attached photo)
Again tho, lovely face painting dude.

Butters

Ps, finished the flakcannon you tried to help me with. check it out..

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL it does look like Chuch Norris!

And according to Chuck Norris, anything+anything=1, one roundhouse kick to the face, that is.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 15:44
Even though the modeling looks excellent, I'm still thinking their faces look terrible, sorry to say so. It seems like the face us more or less absent, no eyes, no lips, no details. The faces would be perfect for zombies and such, but not for people.

They would be perfect for a game called 'The invasion of the faceless ones', but for a regular game where normal people are needed, they just aren't good enough.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 16:37
thanks for the comments, benjamin, it is very hard to paint faces, it is often the difference between what makes and breaks a model, there are eyes, just covered by shadow, perhaps the light is too high in my render, maybe an all ambient shot would please you?

just remember its hard to match the models face structure to a texture, following the co-ordinates can often go off anatomy and is suprisingly difficult. All i want you to remember is that i can not create reality, i do not have the abilities to literally paint a photograph, so the faces will probably never meet your criteria, i havnt reached perfection yet. and at the end of the day, this is game graphics, there will always be a point where the graphics cant be dependant on photography, but to match the other characters who have been exagerated in the texture, such as colonel X, which in this case, compare this character to him and the texture and facial styling fits in well

but thanks for your comments and criticism, it shows me i have something to work on

the vehicle ideas seem very good, in that case i will make vehicles for all these guys and take the riot control guy into perspective, maybe give him one of those see through shields? kinda reminds me of farcry, that would be very nice but im sure it would be annoying sussing alpha channels on the shield...

lol, no i didnt use chuck norris as a reference, kinda looks like him, lol, i was actually going for that mean skinny cop, like the ones from gta

night-stick (is that right?) would also be good, nice idea butter fingers

i'll take a whack at that scifi corridor, more mech than tech though, as one of the segments included in the pack, i have also finished another segment, i'll show it soon, when i make a good scene

thanks for all the comments guys, i highly appreciate it, and pus in boots, ive made 2 civilians already, im now making a business man and woman

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:26:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:26:40