Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Reality Forgottens media thread

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 13:25 Edited at: 19th Aug 2006 13:33
As you all know my website has been undergoing a face lift. It is finally complete (almost 95%)

*edited*
Origional post removed, media no longer on my server. 19 aug 06

RF
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 13:29
Here is the Temple of Dendera. The texture was just thrown on to give it some depth. I have alot of gliphic work to do in the textures so it may be a while before an update on this building presented to you all.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 13:33
This object is just a huge work in progress, it by no means is very good but a good start, I am in the process of learning blender, but here is a chair that was found in the Tomb of Hetepheres. Enjoy, I will continue to post screenshots of the updates to these files.

Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 13:52
Looks Great RF, I would love to play that game,

Check out http://www.freewebs.com/lasse-b for free Stuff for FPSC
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 18:19
that looks great!

hey RF, are you still gonna get me that c64 model?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 19:58
wip a variety of textures on those temple scenes, and you got a great level, i see your using 3dws on the temple, looks great, the lightmaps

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 22:16
Great models Dave. I see that you are learning to use Blender.

-NIK

(Mod Edit)
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 22:16
Those models look great. Are you sure collision works right when they are in FPCS.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 12:41
Zaibatsu- Yeah I am still going to do the c'64 model for you, but it may be a while until you get it.

Nigezu- The collision in FPSC is rather simple, The onyl problems that I have had is with floors, you can get around this by using a simple floor mesh from fpsc and placing it in the mesh folder for 3DWS and using that to create your flooring, this method has proven most efficient for me.

Nik- YEah I finally got off of my bu8tt and started to learn blender. The only thing is UVmapping is confusing the heck out of me. I think I will get it eventually.

RF

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 13:05
Quote: "Nigezu- The collision in FPSC is rather simple, The onyl problems that I have had is with floors, you can get around this by using a simple floor mesh from fpsc and placing it in the mesh folder for 3DWS and using that to create your flooring, this method has proven most efficient for me.
"

and for the building.

Use the Entity maker and apply Polygon Collision.then all collision detection goes trough polygons and it actualy will run onto stairs and fall of of things when it isnt touching it anymore.(Unlike BOX collision,wich is used mostly)

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 14:56
here is the same chair but a bit touched up.

RF

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 16:57
thank you and good work

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 19:48
Thank you. Hopefully tommorow I will have the legs completed and then by the weekend have the UVmaping sorted out.

RF

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks friggin' awesome man!!! Good job
Deltaseeker
Years of Service
User Offline
damn looks real good, but i do think the chair has a little bit more pollys then it needs for jsut a chair those cylinders on the arms will have a ton.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 23:35 Edited at: 28th Jun 2006 23:44
Yeah they have a ton 32 sides per cylinder, I have to do a version for FPSC, I think I will work on that this weekend.

RF

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 13:36
OK my website is finally up and running. YOu should stop by and check it out http://realityforgotten.com time to get back to the game dev stuff.

RF
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 21:30
RF,
Nice site but themes are kinda themes to me. Looks good though. One piece of advice though. Stay away from PHPBB for a public forum. That soft wares fine if it's a site that your family uses and not many outsiders. PHPBB is kinda the Swiss cheeze of forum software and because it's open source, every time it's patched by the community( cause theres no PHPBB team if you didn't know. It's completely community driven) near immediately theres a vulnerability exploit cooked up by 16 year old coders. The public can't be trusted enough to use this kind of software on an advertised public site.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 22:07
I know phpBB is open source, I also have someone who works with phpBB tending to my site. I know all about the loader bots and the thousands of cracks and hacks. I also understand that there are people out there get their jollies from crashing sites. If I live in fear that one is going to crash mine then I would not get anywhere would I? For a public board it is great software. For all the stuff on the site it is a great addition, and for the stuff that are for me and my crew I'd rather use other means to store information.

RF
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 22:58
lol...ok man....don't get huffy. I don't care what ya use. Software still blows no matter who you got working for ya.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 23:05
i use Yabba boards

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 23:52
@Locrian-- didn't mean to sound huffy man, I feel like crud, and I have to work the midshift tonight even though it is supposed to be my weekend and to top it all off it is raining like a cow urinating on flat stone outside.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2006 01:46
Reality Forgotten,
I signed up on your site.It looks good.I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 22:32
I should be adding alot more media related stuff shortly (I got 3d action reducer finaly WOOT WOOT!)
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 22:29
hey guys, I have posted some stuff on my website about future game ideas, head over to the website to check them out, you never know something might interest you.

http://realityforgotten.com

RF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:33:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:33:22