Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need Help Getting An Animated Model Imported into FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have created myself a model with Milkshape3D 1.7.8, and exported it as an .X File with options:

Meshes
Materials
Animations
Lock Root Bone (Frame Offset: 160)

Then, I tried using 'MakeEntitiesFromXFiles' from http://www.fpscreator.combut whenever it loads up my .X file it gives me an error message:

How can I get my animated model into FPSC?

Thanks in Advance!!!
fazil bodmais
Years of Service
User Offline
i ask it before too, but nobody have any ansar.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 17:18
email Higgins, i know he knows, because of his mele pack....

but he's not very nice and more than likely will not help you

Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 20:24 Edited at: 26th Jun 2006 20:25
Starmaart, You might want to check out the 3Dimensional chat threads
Also, Learn from Chrupa Carpa, It seems that in order to get the animation from any model thats not a character, You need to attach a script to it so that the engine can say Hi to it. More on this as the trial and error sets in.
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 23:51 Edited at: 26th Jun 2006 23:51
Thanks... But...

What script would I need so that FPSC engine can say Hi to my model - The animations are not bones, but just Joints (the round thingies) with some vertices assigned to it. Multiple joints with each one group of vertices assigned...

Anyone that can help?
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2006 03:20
you might need to make your own script. theres an fpi maker somewhere, i'll upload it...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2006 06:35 Edited at: 27th Jun 2006 06:40
No need for an fpi editor, Use note pad. Check out the script and the fpe that is made from Chrupa Carpa. He used 3DS Max and I'm using Milkshape3D. Almost the same thing except that sometimes the exporting from Milkshape3D can be a rough ride(more on that later) After exporting, Lets say, A generator made from milkshape and you know you have 40 frames of animation in it. After you use the TNG entity maker it makes an fpe file for you after you enter some important things to it like Y(pos) sound, text etc, Open the fpe with notepad and fill in those 40 frames like so:
;Animationinfo
animmax = 2
anim1 = 0,40
I noticed that Churpa's generator loops it's animations without the press enter to stop/start generator. And now that fpi script he made:
;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Generator

;Triggers

:state=0:animate=1,plrdistwithin=10:state=1,loopsound=audiobankGeneratorGenerator.wav

;End of Script
I'm going to try this and see if it works with our machines. So far were just using triggerzones to activate the animation. More on this later.
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried now to make the .FPE Script myself, and added this to the end:

;Animationinfo
animmax = 1
anim1 = 0,10

My model has 1 Animation which exists out off 10 Frames. But ingame I still get an error... Please, someone must know what to do
Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait go back, What animation program are you using and include all details. I too am still trial and erroring with this. Question-is the engine littery giving you an error message about your animation? If so
I'd go over to the 3d chat like I'm doing and ask for help, They maybe our only hope on this. I also need to ask Chrupa a few questions as well on the animation subject. Don't give up on it. If it becomes stressfull back away from the computer for awhile and take a break. Belive me it helps.
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
I created my animation in milkshape, just as the model... And no it's not stressfull... I'm just trying it sometimes Hope we will find an answer soon
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 14:21
starmaart, export it with the directx (jt) exporter not the other one...

and btw how do u get pics in your sig?

Project:V and Gorepack coming soon!
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks... But my model is invisible inside the game!!! How come???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:44:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:44:40