Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How can I make a 2d map???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 12:55
Hello,

I'm planning to make a 2d rpg like adventure game (a mix of those 2) in witch you have to escape from a issile. How can I make a world on where you live??? There have to be collision objects and thing trough witch you can walk...
We're all Christ and we're all Hitler.We want Christ to win.What would he've done if he had advertisements, T.V. and newspapers?The miracle today is communication.So let's use it.-John Lennon '69
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 17:51
...the only way i can think of is for you to make a large bitmap picture of all the things you wan't to see on the ground...trees,grass,roads...ect
then save it into the same folder you're game is in. next, make a matrix that is the size you wan't each of the levels to be... so something like...

make matrix 1,500,500,50,50
load image "[what you named your picture]",1
prepare matrix texture 1,1,[tile # high],[tile # wide]

then, during the corse of the loading of the game set each tile on the matrix to the tile you want it to be. also you will have to add.

Dim Tile(50,50)

to your code and set the values of each of the tile numbers...long proccess...

then at the end of you're program add

function tiletype(x,y)
x2=int(x/10)
y2=int(y/10)
t=tile(x2,y2)
end function t

while running you're programm use the tiletype function above to find out what type of tile you're character is standing on...replacing x and y with the exact position of you're character...

if you understood any of that... i hope it helps... if you couldn't figure it out e-mail me at kit_lee_2002@yahoo.com

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:34:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:34:12