Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Beta of DarkWolf3D Downloadable

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 15:57 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2003 17:15
The final game will be out tommorow. This is a 2 levels prolog to wolfenstein. Have Fun.

http://iquebec.ifrance.com/kryptkoder/KryptKoder_-_DarkWolf3D.html

http://www.vampyr.info/kryptkoder/darkwolf.zip (updated with colliding 3d objects)

Lord Belial
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 16:04
got a little time to kill whilst downloading CgFX ... so grabbing this too, let you know what i think in about 10mins (^_^) should be enough playtime for a good reveiw

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 17:04
pretty cool (^_^) its alot of fun when you get inside the complex...
however you know you've put 4 levels in there, 1 is a test one, 1 outside almost impossible to see a foot infront of your face, 2 inside.

i think you might want to setup the collision engine a little better, cause its too easy to get stuck on things and not be able to get through parts on the outdoors level.
and it ran pretty slow on my system 9fps outside and 22fps inside
which on an Athlon 1Ghz | GeForce 2 Ti | DirectX 9.0 | Detonator 43.49
i'd expect it to be running alot faster than that.
you need to perhaps cut down on the number of objects onscreen at once, or try to trim the polygons visible at a time better...

controls are also a little, weird to start with
i'm used to W A S D for movement and Shift for Run, E for action so perhaps adding a key configurer would be a good idea

but adds some strong competition as its very enjoyable to play and no doubt you have a level editor so you can just plug out a good few levels quite quickly and make an entire episode within a day or so.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 17:15 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2003 17:18
4 Levels? maybe it was the wrong zip... there should be 3 levels, with the first one been to small for me to call it a level =). For the slowdown, Its mainly due to the execive number of object I Use... The first controls were more similar to the original wolfenstein but as i'm playing more modern shooter, I change them to a more "unreal-like" control system. I will indeed add some level (6-8 if I'm lucky) until the final release and ligthen up a little the exterior. Thanks for your comments =).

LOL I just understand... the 4th one is in the savegame =). Forgot that one.

Lord Belial
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 06:58
yeah... i used to play Wolf3D with the mouse + spacebar
cause you'd use mousemove to move yourself, i mean its good but feels 'weird'

i never have been a fan of unreal really - unreal2 is very good, but doesn't feel like unreal at all to be honest, i think the new company making it did a superb job. look forward to new levels, perhaps you need patch4 for the objects to run faster?

i dunno my suggestion would be to actually make all of the objects into a large mesh - use memblock with premade sections perhaps (if not already)

all these things can certainly enhance the speed (^_^)

Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 08:23 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2003 11:56
Its already how its done, using memblock for NONMOVING objects and it's already done with patch 4 =(... The real way to accelerate it would be to create less triangles or to limite the nbr of tri inside a memblock...

I made a light update of my download (DarkWolf.zip) inluding W,S,A,D movements,lower sound effects, a bit lighter external level and correcting some bugs.

Lord Belial
Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 11:53 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2003 11:57
Hehehe I just seen that the end of the compo was now the 7 instead of the 4. I will make my final release lather finaly. Probably on the weekend.

I made a light update of my download (DarkWolf.zip) inluding W,S,A,D movements,lower sound effects, a bit lighter external level and correcting some bugs.

Lord Belial
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 12:16
how about making them static objects? that might help speed a littler further (^_^)

Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 13:06 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2003 13:10
make object static? in DBPro? I tought that command was removed.
anyway I have a new hide/unhide system for entities that should speed things up a bit =). Well at least it worked on my computer.

You can try it, I've just uploaded it at about 5:05. its on the same link =).

Lord Belial
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 16:09
I tried this game and it's amazingly dark in colour, so much so I can't actually play it because I can't see what is going on.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 16:38
yeah thats only really the outside level ... i just turned up my monitors brightness from 10 -> 60 do it all the time in games which are dark, mostly to cheat and see campers in quake and such hehee

well downloading the update - but i'm also uploading a movie for nVidia so this could take a while (^_^)

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 17:09
the game don't run on my computer

just the game title appear un the window bar . . . still present 10 sec and disappear . . . with no error message.

morfeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 19:37
the same with me... sigh... my cpu specs are as follows: p533, 192MB RAM, gf2mx400 @ quadro mxr (64MB), running under w98 osr2 with dx8.1 installed. hope that helps. somehow.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 20:33
Dont work for me either

I have a AMD 1.4GHz , 256MB RAM, GF4 128MB & i have win98

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 20:35
Same here

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
yo, I just uploaded a new version of Darkwolf3D wich should be lighter. the monitor of the computer I use was set to 100% britness and 100% contrast for an obscure reason.

For those unable to play the game, the only point in common you have seem to be win98... So my best guess is that I use a function that win98+DBPro don't like.

Lord Belial
Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 00:57 Edited at: 4th Apr 2003 00:58
I would apreciate if someone could give me a feedback about lightning or any information about the not-working bug (configuration information, etc)...
Thanks in advance

Lord Belial
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 01:36
Just get blank screen, have to CTRL ALT DEL to get out.

P4 2.5 with Mobility Radeon 9000, win XP, blah blah blah

Screenshots look nice though

Gronda, Gronda
scribbley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 02:16
Much better I can see whats going on now. Before it was just impossible to play but now its quite good fun. Has a kind of south park feel to it which is nice, or maybe thats just me I dunno. The only thing I would comment on though is that the characters don't sound like they are in any pain when you chop or shoot them. I think I would be like aaaagh or something

It ran perfectly fast on my humble 1ghz PC with no slow down or loss of frame rate. (Geforce 4 card).

I look forward to playing the final version
Lord Belial
Years of Service
User Offline
Sonic: On some computer, the map building is extremly slow, takin almost a minute to build. I'll be working on that tomorow.

Scribbley: oups, I forgot that sound. And the worst is that I spend some time sampling it. I should add it tomorow too.

Lord Belial

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:40:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:40:02