Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / tree array (DBC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Okay, until I get through with the blocking thing, I'm working on a different problem with this code. I have programmed this to load 10 trees and place them at coordinates from an array. Problem is, one of them always loads at the bottom right corner of the matrix, regardless of what I do to the coordinates I can't find the problematic tree. It isn't so much of a bother except it is hanging over the edge of the matrix (which when I get help with the blocking thing the player won't see anyway.)

Also, I would like to know... is there a way to make a loading screen before the player actually enters the world? As it is right now, for a while the player is stuck watching all the trees being loaded into place, and I'd rather have something that says "Loading" or something to that effect covering the screen until it is done.

P.S. Media folder is attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wandering Swordsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Odd, there is no message in this thread?
(Am I the only one -not- seeing this?)

Weird...

When I dream,
I carry a sword in one hand,
a gun in the other...
Jaskel
Years of Service
User Offline
It's because my posts don't show up yet, I'm new
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2006 11:21 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2006 11:22
It's the 13th tree. (you haven't assigned a value to that array element => X = 0.0, Z = 0.0)

Good luck with your code!

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Jaskel
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks! it's doing good now! Any suggestion on the loading screen thing?
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 12:53 Edited at: 6th Jul 2006 12:55
Maybe you could try adding...

Autocam off (Stops the camera from going to every object created)

Then before you load anything...

sync : Center Text Screen Width()/2,Screen Height()/2,"LOADING" : sync

That will Center the text "LOADING" at the center of the screen. The sync is to update the screen. You need both sync: one before the text and one after.

I'm not sure but I think that you could easily change the text into a sprite or bitmap of some sort...

EDIT: OH WAIT NEVERMIND... I CANNOT GET THAT TO WORK IN DBC SORRY. You can try adjusting it though... But AUTOCAM OFF should work.

I doubt you can draw me/60 by hand, so you REALLY can't draw ME/1, can you? Okay, you do that. Just tell me when you're done, I'll be someplace else having a life.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
For a loading screen I do this........It waits 5 seconds minimum even on a fast Hard Drive.

Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 20:25
If you want to put text in the center of the screen you need to take into account the text height in the y cooridinate (difference only will be visible for large text.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:35:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:35:11