Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
what?? exactly, well im not entirely sure where this post belongs,

1. Im thinking of creating a beat em up that is based on the star wars universe, however i have my reservations for a number of reasons, the first being that they dont go down too well on the PC and the second being that im none to sure of the idea.

it will be a beat em up that will totally focus on the JEDI and SITH and im only going to create two characters due to how much modelling and animation would go into it.

It would be totally weapon based (no punching or kicking) and you would use your light sabre to pull of combos, your opposing character would use (in game "the force") combo blocks that would be the same for all characters no matter the attack (thus shit loads of modelling, it would take ages to model about five (or more) different blocking combos for each attacking combo).

plus , well tell me what you think.

a beat-em-up for the PC with nothing more than anakin and maul dukein it out, think about it clearly, it would take me ages to do and if people here didnt think it was all that good what would have been the point.
Slick
Years of Service
User Offline
somthing like this http://www.lucasarts.com/products/masters/masters2.avi

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 18:38
Um yeah definately the wrong forum, this is for finished programs but anyway...

Does anyone know the links to those stick anim films with the light sabre combat and matrix style effects? I think they where better then the movie link above to a Lucas game!

You say lots of anim work to do so that meens less characters, well if you control your animation in the program - which is a bit more complicated to write - rather than in the object file you can apply the same moves for all characters. This would meen there is much less animation work to do.

Mind you animating a model is not really hard, the hard part is texturing... Anyway if you do choose to have just two then it really should be Obiwan and Darth Vader... Annikin and Darth Maul - pah... the closest they got to each other was on Tatooine before Anni had ever even touched a lightsaber...

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:30:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:30:17