Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Editing Charactor to create new

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok heres the idea. lets take the thug charactor (ww2 pak)
if i copy all thug files and rename them then edit all the DDS image files to re skin him then put all renamed+edited content back to charactor folder, will new charactor work and be displayed by FPSC?

im pretty hopeless in 3d software but i know the ins n out of psp so this method might be the only way to make new charactors.
jordmans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 00:49
why renaming?? just make a new texture for the thug...then put a thug in game ..right click and pick your own made texture...

AUP -Do not post anything considered "adult" material. Please choose a less violent signature. thanks
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
i have re textured 2 so far i was hopeing to transfer them to scifi and populate the charactor folder a little more
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 00:54 Edited at: 6th Jul 2006 00:55
yes, but thats way more than you accually have to do. Just copy the fpi file for the thug, rename it and put it back into the directory with the original thug (that way your not losing the original), then edit the renamed fpi to use your new skin.(wich must be in the same directory.

EDIT-accually jordmans suggestion is easiest. (posted near the same time)

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks , il try it out now
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 10:44
You don't even have to do that.Just put the texture(s) in the same folder as the thug model and when you right click on the thug you can specify the texture you made.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 20:10
Quote: "EDIT-accually jordmans suggestion is easiest. (posted near the same time)"

same suggestion

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 00:19
I'll have to improve my typing speed.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 01:05 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 01:17
speeking of editing things and thugs and all that (stuff a mod would definatley edit out of my post), could someone please edit the thug a tiny bit. he looks almost right the way he is, but could someone give him a black shirt and give him some goggles, I'm trying to make a Riddick, but it doesn't turn out so well when i do it...

ps. If anyone knows Riddick's first name and middle initial, I'll give them a bucket full of air from bucketCO(bucket not included)! I know, but I wan't to see how smart you all are...

EDIT: I've heard of something called a "burn tool" and I was wondering what the (another something a mod would edit out) it was and what program it's in. If it's in Adobe Photoshop 8 cs then how do I access it? are there any other funfun tools that do intersting things? I have ne idea what I'm doing with the software and some help would be appreciated!

Read my profile to learn about all my wierd fanaticacies...

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 01:47
nvm, i found the burn tool and went overboard with it, the character is now completley black!

Read my profile to learn about all my wierd fanaticacies...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:36:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:36:31