Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] Getix Interactive Team's MMO-RTS/RPG/FPS/RACING

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 07:54 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 07:06
Ok, explanation of the subject. "Getix Interactive Team's MMO-RTS/RPG/FPS/RACING"
What we are planning on is a huge game with all of those implemented.
RTS- Real Time Strategy--Ex. Leader of the Fighters Guild.
RPG- Role-Playing Game--Ex. Stats and a LONG story line
FPS- First Person Shooter--Ex. Bow and Arrows
RACING--Horse races

We are producing two versions of this (unnamed) FC (Full Circle) game. One that is a Massively Multiplayer Online game and one that is single player and online horse racing,chatrooms,World Builder,World Destroyer. Any names would be helpful. We also are currently looking for team members, as we are low on help.(please mods don't take this as a team request, it's not)
I (Jim) will be programming most of the game, and at this point, modelling too. Any ideas you may have, type them here, and we'll see about getting them in.
Sorry for the lack of information, as I don't have a name yet. Any ideas for the name?
-Jim
= Work In Progress
= New Idea Yet To Be Implemented
= Only Minor Adjustments Required
= Major Errors, Need External Help
= DONE!

RTS style camera(thanks to Van B)
World Builder
World Destroyer
Loading Screen
Main Menu
Newton Physics Implement
Models
Dagger Image

What can games do for you?
www.getixinteractive.com
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 08:26
i cant help ya out ATM...

working on my dream world...

Many tales has bein told about me,and there where i came from.Most bad ones are true.The good ones are false...
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 14:16
K o H: NP When you can be sure to ddrop me a line

www.getixinteractive.com
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 23:01
Yeah,

vacation tommorow,3 weeks gone...

after that im having time to spend on my computer again

and i could try to help Eventualy...

B-DA FIRE!
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 07:08
My dagger model is 124 polys. Is that too many?
-Jim

www.getixinteractive.com
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 09:13
I have a question about detail mapping. Can it be done to a matrix? It would suck to have to use a primitive as the ground... no hills then...

www.getixinteractive.com
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 12:03
No, matrices are very limited. You'd be better off creating a memblock matrix, which you will be able to detail map. Might I ask how much experience you have?

Smaller projects than this have failed because of lack of experience and over-ambition

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 12:42
Getix Interactive, just let me give you a small advice. This project sound huge, the fact that its supposed to be an mmo just makes it harder. For noobs (like you and me) it would be completely impossible, and for the pros it would be very, very hard (I wouldnt say impossible, no one has just done it yet). So if you dont have much experiance, you should try smaller things first, until you are ready.

Quote: "I have a question about detail mapping. Can it be done to a matrix? It would suck to have to use a primitive as the ground... no hills then..."

In the coding challenges, Coding Fodder made a weather thing on the first page. You run around on an surfus and can call down lightning with a simple mouse click. Anyway, I thing you should take a look on how he created the terrain. It might be what you are looking for.

Quote: "Smaller projects than this have failed because of lack of experience and over-ambition"

Thats just too true.
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 13:56 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 13:59
I have experience with BASIC, I've known it for what, 5 years now? Now DarkBASIC Professional, I lack experience with.
As for what I said in the first post, I said making two versions... I'm starting to think I'm going to make the one that is single player and online horse racing,chatrooms,World Builder,World Destroyer only as the game, then come back later and make this into an MMO after I find server space...

Mr.X: This is a big project, yes. It will be a MMO in the future, I hope. I did get the MMO part of it working fine, just it took over 15 Minutes to load all the DLLs and it always misinterpreted my DLLs. And I've found DBP takes a long time to connect to the internet. I've seen his code, not very exciting is it. I do like the way he MADE grass instead of loading it...

Third times a charm, Is 124 Polys too much for a simple dagger?

www.getixinteractive.com
flock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 14:53
Curses! Ken...ta...ree's signature...too...distracting...and...grammatically incorrect...must...not...continue...to...watch! Ahh! It's starting over! I'm doomed! Must...watch...again! Thread...Madnesss!

Uh, never mind...

I can't help with much of the programming but I can help with the design. I just don't understand how you're going to have RTS with the FPS. Is it going to be like that one Star Wars game (I forgot the name) where you control those commandos? You contol a guild of warriors or something? I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

P.S. A dagger with 124 polygons sounds like too much to me but what do I know? Some one answer the man!
P.P.S. What is the World Destroyer? Do you mean something like "Red Faction" did with the terrain?

a.k.a. "flockhound"
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 15:08
flock: At anytime you can change your camera. So an RTS style camera is looking down on the terrain and normally you'd click the ground then your player would walk to that spot, sorta like Runescape. And FPS is when you are hunting, or becoming the next Grim Reaper (meant that as a joke), and slashing,smashing,bashing,trashing everything. I'd love the help!
-Jim

www.getixinteractive.com
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 15:12
World Builder is a tool to build your own world, and play it online with others.
World Destroyer is a cooler tool in which, after building a world, you can destroy it online. Example, cause a meteor to hit. Cause Huge hurricanes tornadoes. You name it, I add it, lol.
-Jim

www.getixinteractive.com
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 16:17
124 polys shouldnt be too much, although it depends on what your minimum requirements are going to be for the game, aswell as how detailed you want everything to be.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 12:34
Quote: "Mr.X: This is a big project, yes. It will be a MMO in the future, I hope. I did get the MMO part of it working fine, just it took over 15 Minutes to load all the DLLs and it always misinterpreted my DLLs. And I've found DBP takes a long time to connect to the internet. I've seen his code, not very exciting is it. I do like the way he MADE grass instead of loading it.."

I just hope you dont attempt something too big for you to do. But, anyway, the idea sounds interesting. You made the MMO part to work, and thats something I would not be able to do... right now anyway. Just try to not get over-ambitious.
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 02:00
Don't worry, I think I'm perfectly capable, as I'm not the only one working on it.

www.getixinteractive.com
flock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 13:43
I'm interested in where this goes. It's not going to be gory, is it?

a.k.a. "flockhound"
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 04:52
I'm not planning on it. Then again, I'll probably put a setting in the SETTINGS menu to do that, turn gore on and off. By the way, a little update, I'm running what I have so far at 1834 FPS on my desktop...

P.S. I have a very powerful Dell.

www.getixinteractive.com
jasonhtml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 19:53
a powerful Dell aint gonna help you program

Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78971&b=8&p=0
*New Website Coming Soon*
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 20:16
jason: I know that. I'm just saying, it's running fast.

www.getixinteractive.com
flock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 23:20
Sheesh, Jason, he's not stupid!

a.k.a. "flockhound"
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 06:44
1834 FPS is horrible for just a stick in a marshmellow (I mean, dagger) model and a picture.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 22:37 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 22:38
Dude I doubt you will ever get this even 10% done. Aim lower.

lol:

[offtopic]Ruccus-uh...your website kinda...died [/offtopic]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 19:13
(off topic)Lol- Your Thread have no chance to survive!(off topic)

(topic)Yes, perhaps you should aim lower, like a puzzle game or even a 3D pong clone just to learn the basics of (excuse the pun) DarkBasic.

erm

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 17:57
Quote: "We also are currently looking for team members, as we are low on help.(please mods don't take this as a team request, it's not)"

Huh?

When you get have something to show, feel free to post again following the team request guidelines.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:31:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:31:46