Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help choosing a program!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
so i have the first darbasic program and im learning the language. now would it be a good idea to learn the language and just use the regular db or can i get the db pro and do the same thing? another thing is there are some more programs on the website to choose from. i think there the fps program, db with c++, and someothers. which one is the best or are they just made up for their genre. i mean i know i can make all types of games with db and db pro but what about the others? is db and db pro better to make the genre of choice like fps than the fps program now on the website? also can the db c++ give u more than the other programs offer or something? im trying to make good games and i want all the features i can get out of the program to make a good game but i dont know much about all these programs. any help will apreciated/
thanks
Wandering Swordsman
Years of Service
User Offline
If you plan to swap from DB to DBP make 'sure' you have a DX9 capable graphics card.

DBP has several advantages over DB, though you may find it easier to learn DB then switch to DBP when your comfortable with the language.

When I dream,
I carry a sword in one hand,
a gun in the other...
X Trade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 02:48
A lot of people seem to be scared of DBP, and choose to buy DB first.. then pro later, but really this just creates more problems than it is worth:
- you would be wasting your money on buying both when pro is more powerful
- the language and commands are in some cases slightly different, and after getting used to DB, pro can seem even more daunting
- just because it has the word 'professional', doesnt make it complicated! thats the whole point of the Dark Basic languages.
- pro allows you to create faster applications
- pro allows you more control and more powerful commands when you need them
- most normal DB code will work in pro, and pro is in no way more difficult, theres just more potential and power behind it

www.AoFP.co.uk
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 04:12
[quote]pro allows you to create faster applications[center]

Yeah, it only takes Infinity-billion years to compile.

leader1
Years of Service
User Offline
ok. so what about the other programs i had questions about?
leader1
Years of Service
User Offline
haven't heard anything else from anybody. plz look at this forum

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:37:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:37:41