Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / New landscape map BY Mr Love!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 07:30
I did implement some new stuff for this game. I was quite tierd on maps looking the same here and it feels like all FPSC games are the same! So I did this Frozen Snow-landscape and it became pretty cool I think. I will (If I will use this map) give it a better story and build a hidden labratory in one of the snowcaves! I had some problems with a enemy collision bug, but I hope that TGC will fix it SOON! But there are many ways to kill a cat... I think the main Character will be an crazy scientist and some mad doctors that wants to change the world. But it wont be easy to save the world couse they have a heavy armour private army, dealing with Guys like Me!
Here is a screenshot....

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 07:54
Here is a jpeg for a faster view!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 10:54
Say, how did you get that carona effect? Looks nice.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 11:30
Kinda reminds me of the sunflare in Photoshop.

But anyway, did you make a HUD for it or something? Anyway, good job.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
you see fantastic screenshot well done i personally would love to get hold of this in game

its a shame you dident do a small wmv for m e i would have purchased that too after seeing the vid

ps good luck

http://lovetrail.virtualdatingagency.com/index.php
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 19:54
Looks really nice!

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 06:36
Thanks Everybody! Now I hope that more people will work with full maps instead of amateur segments. Does anyone remember if the EA did support landscapes better than V1???
I can tell You that making an own map will make the game mutch faster! (And it looks better.)

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 16:35 Edited at: 8th Jul 2006 16:40
Neither EA nor V1 supports Terrain as such - the product and the way it is designed from the base up never intended that terrains should be inserted.

The official statement regarding EA was that you could place Terrain but not walk upon it.

During V1 beta develpoment when Physics was eventually included I was the prson who first tested it out with terrain and it worked fine though at that time I never tested out any enemies in the landscape. Between then and V1 release the product changed anyway and and so you have what you have now.

Terrains and and any other game element that the engine does not support by default are always going to be very difficult to get to work in FPSC properly and are likely to prove to me more hard work than the worth of it in many instances - with at best poor results being the end result of a lot of effort.

Attempting what the engine does not support is fighting against the basic understanding of the source and is sure to cause all kinds of problems. FPSC has enough of those even if you stick with what its supposed to do and support by default.

Terrain at least can be inserted so users are half way there.

Currently users can move ahead designing levels using Terrains and hope any update may fix some of the issues associated with them by accident or design.

Its perhaps likely that at some stage at least changes to the engine will in any case provide overall much better support for terrain or mess its inclusion up altogether.

No one knows what any update may bring and how it may affect your current level design and influence your current developments.

Hopefully it will be fully backwards compatible, then again if thats at the expense of badly needed improvements I personally would rather see an improved product and live with any incompatibility and put in extra work to update any current game levels to fit in with any new internal engine workings.

As to Terrain support itself it seems that if TGC did some work on the NPC characters and other entities recognition for Terrains then that alone would solve the main problem if no real Terrain engine support were to be inbuilt by default.

Not sure anyone could rely on that as I am not sure that it has any priority at all - I presume and have no reason to suspect any different that FPSC is still seen by TGC as a FPS internal shooter game maker so they are unlikely to worry to much about Terrain support - indeed before considering that they in any case have many other important issues to consider such as improved collision which would also be an aid to Terrain support itself.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 18:13
that looks like that one guys terrain just changed the texture

http://www.shockforums.tk
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 18:31
Looks like the one I put out initially as said not that it matters - not sure if its still around if you do a search - Nice to see someone doing a snow texture.

With enough work - though the FPSC world size is very small if you use a nice snow theme sky then it might help with the illusion of distance - again not that that helps much as whatever you do in outside levels the world size is so small theres no way to really make the small level size seem large - it just aint.

Its the small world size that makes outdoor levels seem unprofessional more than anything else as theres no really good method of blending the world edge boundary into the horizon.

In terms of open Terrain type games the world size makes it almost impracticable to attempt them as the level end is hardly a stones throw away.

Still thats what we have to work with and we can only do our best with what we have.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 18:42
yea but you can easily turn an outdoor to a seeming outdoor area... with a smaller skycube in the skycube
youd just have to split up the texture for the smaller skycube like you would for sprites

http://www.shockforums.tk
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 23:47
What We have is the free source code. So whats the probs? I think You only need to change 3-4 numbers to make the world as big as You like. (Or You can lower the camera.) I Myself didnt have any probs putting fighting enemys (Some Tommys I think it was.) on a landscape before. Im quite sure it was V1 but it was sutch a long time ago Im not sure. (Courld have been EA.) I dont think I have tested a lanscape until now! Sadly strange things have happend to My FPSC engine, it acts like it has a virus or something. Anyway its wery unstable. If anyone maybe want to help with this please turn to FPSC chat were I have a thread about enemys FLYING!!! (Just one of thoose probs!) Anyway I can tell You all that this snowmap feels huge, its about two huge open spaces and alot of smaller caves walkways etc. were You can build things. I have just no good ideas what to build in a snowlanscape like this! Cant You Guys give Me some ideas what to build here? Well, at least I have some awesome enemys for this map, its some Guys on crossbikes holding some miniuzis in their left hands and drive with the right hands. Its noo probs to turn this crossbike to a "Character" just give the bike a pretty neutral AI and ofcourse the Guy that shoots from the bike need AI "shoot" then turn up the speed to 300-500, give it some nice animations like if You kill the man on the bike He will just fly off the crossbike and land on the ground a few meters from the bike. Ofcourse You will need waypoins to make this work and ALOT OF WORK!!! But it wourld be the coolest enemy in FPSCs and DBPs History. (For sure.) IF landscapes works better in EA I will try to get a copy of the Early Adopter. "Terrain at least can be inserted so users are half way there." In what way do You mean uman? Anyway, strange that some things works fine one day and next day it dosnt work at all!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 03:22
Mr.Love you altered the source? if so there is your answer to the thread you posted in FPSC chat about floating dead enemies. When you muck about the source you're going to get strange effects. Heck I get strange effects and I don't muck about the source.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 12:08
Mr Love,

Quote: "Terrain at least can be inserted so users are half way there." In what way do You mean uman?"

Sorry - What I meant was Terrain support is kinda partial as you can place a Terrain and have the player move across it OK even if inserting and working with Terrains inside FPSC at the moment is far from easy or ideal.

Its very difficult to work with currently but at least FPSC allows it and does not do anything silly like crash.

The other half "thats miising" is that NPC characters dont recongnise a Terrain entity correctly and have problems with Terrain following and collision.

Therfore if TGC could provide that Terrain entity recognition for NPC characters that would complete the two halves - if not ideally as a Terrain system proper at least by a fix for that problem.

It still may not be ideal but would be a solution or workaround that users themselves would find difficult to achieve.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 20:30
Well, yes uman that wourld be "ideally". Who knows, maybe Lee will fix it after all...
I dont want to be rude, but I hope it wont be any new bugs if it happens!
Disturbing 13:
Ehhh... Maybe You shourld ask before, if I am using the original FPSC-GAME.exe or My mod? Im not stupied! ,By the way I have not been working with the source code sence I did reinstall. If You get a problem after changing the source code, then You shourld try the original.exe! If all codes are original (as it is in My comp.) then You shall not have any problems, except the usual collision bugs and so on. I have reinstalled many times becouse of this problem, and it dosnt work as it shourld anyway! This information is of no intrest for the "flying enemys thread" at FPSC Chat!!!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 21:53 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 22:20
friggin calm down man! I was offering a suggestion. Why not be courtious first! Unless you state you are useing the original .exe then I have to assume you are useing altered code. Sheesh, some people. I never called you stupid. I was merely suggesting that Since you obviously STATED you used altered code it may help with your problem to figure what may have caused it. I was trying to help and this is what I get? Get some manners. Some people wouldn't go through the trouble of remembering when someone has a problem on another post in another section and try to help them. I made an informative guess. There was no need to get bent out of shape. Completely uncalled for.
EDIT-Besides, both your post are dated on the same day.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
nice reminds me of tomb raider 2 at the snow place good job mr.love

Join The Lucid Nightmare Forums Today!
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
LizBlizz you know of tomb raider? I do to
I like the second one where your on the motor-ski
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 02:55
Disturbing 13:
"Some people wouldn't go through the trouble of remembering when someone has a problem" Well, Im not one of them. No hard feelings man! Just ask Me next time will ya? Butterfingers came up with a good idea to solve the problem. It was about the "animation-time". It courld be so easy that the "die animation" dont play to the end. (Hope He is right then it wourld be easy to fix.)

Lizblizz:
Thanks alot Lizblizz! I heard alot about Tomb Raider but never played it! Witch of Lara Crofts adventures do You mean? I also remember the game from the latest bondmovie, played it on PS2, it was awesome driving the Aston Martin on the ice when the copter hunted You! Maybe I shourld use both crossbikes and copters for enemys!! You courld mod. the bazooka to fit in as a copterweapon, that courld be an awesome FPSC game!

Me Self:
LOL! I thought only small girls played Tomb Raider... A joke maaan! lol..

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 02:58
Alright, Tomb Raider 2. You said it....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:29:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:29:58