Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Tool & tips for cinematics, cut-scenes, walkthrough iin DBPRO

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
As a newbie i dare to ask some advices/tutorials about cut-scenes & cinematics. How do you do that ?
For example how do i set a nice smooth path for my camera or a character ?
I saw a few post & codes about waypoints for motion paths, so i guess its a beginning, but i would like to find more tips/tutorials.
Or maybe we (lazy guys, stupid artists) need a crazy coder to developp a timeline app to create sequenced animations !

www.freid.com
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 08:21
Well, you could animate the scene in an external program, then export it and play it in DBP, or you could just set it all up in DBP, which would be a lot harder . The camera I'd just make a waypoint system .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You could set up some keypresses that move the camera around. Then control the camera yourself to make the camera movements. As you hold down each key you store how long you held it down for, and at what time interval.

Lets say left arrow key is held down for 10 seconds, then up arrow key for 5 seconds, you just play it back that way.

store timer()
Get time
Get keypress
Store Key
Store keypress time
Store keypress release time

Freid
Years of Service
User Offline
Pincho : interesting, i though about something like that, but i though as well that maybe someone ready did a script or a program.
Handling animations (excepted bones) through scripts is doable, but its a pain to tweak (maybe should i consider to buy LUA). For IE if wanna set a motion for a camera or a character, i'd love to get standard animation tools like a timeline, with keyframes (that i could move, duplicate, delete...), ability to change interpolations between keys, copy keys...
Maybe i should try to code my own tools, but i'm not sure i have skills/time to do that. I feel more comfortable in a 3d artist seat than in developper seat.
On the other side coding that kind of tools seems exciting, maybe i should try
--
Another quesion i have is about vertex animation, and 3d morphing (within dbpro of course, i'm not asking how to do that in blender or max, i wanna know how to BRING/DO that in DBPRO)... Can we find some tips/code/tutorials ?

Oh, and please forgive my crummy english, i'm just a silly french

www.freid.com
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, I just realised that my idea will not work because some computers are faster than others. The keypresses will get different results. My idea would work if you lay down waypoints as you move the camera. Then store the keypresses, and times to reach each way point. So then it would wait at a waypoint until a certain time passes. Then the time and distance would be the same on all computers, but the wait time would be different.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:27:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:27:22