Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / New gun and little probblem with it...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 00:09 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 00:22
well im having a great time figureing this out.... not...
just a question... I modeled a real simple gun and wanted to try it out in fpsc. I modeled it exported the .x and put it in fpsc and used other gun files and renamed them to to my gun files...
the gun model works sitting on the ground but when I pick it up it is a different gun "because i used some of the tavor files"...
so wut step am I missing and also texture is lost if anyone can help much appreciated...

ohh also you can have and use the gun if u want.. its nothing speacil just messing around this morning so its really low poly...

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/DexterJ/?action=view¤t=gunpic.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Havok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 00:16
In the weapon pick up fpe in the entitybank for your model, find the line "isweapon" change the directory next to it to lead to where your gun is. I hope you understand.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 00:27
Dexter,

Getting a gun into fpsc can be a problem doing it by hand but it is possible. The gun that you see on the ground and the gun you hold are 2 differant .x files. The one you see being held can be a pain in the butt to get positioned correctly. Code masters making a program that dose this with a really simple gui. All you'd do is direct it to the models and textures and muzzel flash/shells and you can position it in the prog. It also writes the guncore specs and places all the files where they have to go

This prog is also going to cost 15$ but really thats nothing for the time thats in this prog. You can look at this programs screen shots on http://wc.out-lawz.com

He had a thread either on this page or the next page telling people he'd help them with weapon problems as he had time, so bar me looking for it myself look for Codes last post or two. I hadn't gotten to the place in my game where I needed to import weapons and I ended up beta testing for Code so now theres no way on earth I'd ever do it by hand after using "Weapon Creator". But he may be able to help ya for free in that thread.
Dexter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 00:34
thanx guys im starting to understand more... i may get his wepon creator program also. one last question
u say rename to directory... where does dir. start because right now i named it scifi/gun/ but i dont think that dir exsists... so wuts the prefix to that dir. thanxs again...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:18:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:18:36