Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / CorePak Vol. 2 - - Lee Enfield L85-A1 Weapon preview + K-Bar + Bow + Sword

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 03:03
i just finished the L85-A1 today! as per usual uv mapping took ages and the texture, but im pretty satisfied.

i know i havnt posted much new stuff for a couple days, and some was being worked on, but i couldnt be bothered to show a small knife with a completely new thread

L85-A1:

with hands:

*i have yet to make the new variations of the hands, sure it wont be too hard, just dont think im putting these hands on everything, their will be custom hands for all the guns, and ofcourse no hands for those wishing to stay with "the fpsc genre")

and the K-Bar:

just a nice 'little' knife really

and a basic sword:

im not sure whether im completely satisfied with that sword, probably just too basic of a shape for me, i tend to make things more evil with crap sticking out (like the following bow) still looks nice though

and the bow and arrow, more barbaric than a nice 'elvish' bow...

more hopefully soon, untill then, i hope ya guys like!

-Jon

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 03:07
very very nice jon. I think we both posted our new stuff at the same time!!

I love the detail on the muzzle of the rifle, and the tribals on the sword.

what did you think of the character by the way?

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 03:07 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 03:08
i just posted in your thread, lol

thanks for the comments, glad you like

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 03:09
is this all corepack stuff?

oh, and I now have a biped for inverted kneecaps (alien style) if you want it? (also triple jointed neck, but meh)

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 03:13 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 03:16
yeh, this is all content to go in the pack, will all be animated and such, atleast it will be less annoying than uv mapping the damn things

inverted kneecaps you say, that would be pretty cool, ive already got some neat ideas, so yeh that would be cool, thanks!

but i thought you used maya? biped is a creation of autodesk for max am i right? but then i suppose they bought alias, so have they integrated it into maya now?

EDIT:

well i must be off now, got an enrolment thing at college tommorow, wanna get an early night, i'll answer any comments and queries later

-Jon

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 04:59
bf2s medic weapon nice...took me forever to unlock that

http://www.shockforums.tk
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice models Jon very nice.
I was Just wondering are all the models fully animated and for the Enfeild weapon is does the reload animation effect the hand.Will there be hands on the sword and other objects you have created.

Just wondering and once again great modeling great modeling indeed.
Cheers
Bulletsoft
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 05:17
Nice work, as usual Jon.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 08:22
i don't know if you saw this in my last post concerning your pack, but I really don't feel like reading severl hundred posts to find an answer. How much will corepack2 cost?

and great job with the new weapons. I like the sword the way it is, but if you do improve it, then don't do anything too drastic. maybe a few spikes in the handle and some other stuff similar, but don't underestimate the power of gold lining in a sword handle. it can really make a sword look totaly different.

Read my profile to learn about all my wierd fanaticacies...

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 09:38
Man you never cease to amaze!

HartGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 09:58
Your way too good at this Jon. I can't wait for Core Pak 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 11:33
Amazing work,Jon.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 11:42
um, I think I can simply export the skeleton with the keyframes, using the 3ds exporter.

then you should be able to load it into 3ds?

I've never tried. If nothing else it would be an interesting experiment!

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice job jon i' looking foward to this pack. I'll enjoy making a bloody mess with that k-bar
MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 22:34
great job jon as usual. are the hands going to be included with the guns in corepak 2

wus up
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 00:04 Edited at: 11th Jul 2006 00:11
lol, lots of replies, here goes...

Quote: "bf2s medic weapon nice...took me forever to unlock that "

ah yes, i never unlocked that when i used to play, i always chose assault, so i went for the G3, which was a waste, as i really wanted to play with this gun. Its also the standard rifle of my countries armed forces, so i thought it would be a nice addition

lol, you just gave me an idea, the defribulator! how funny would that be ingame i doubt i'd actually get it right though, despite its simplicity

Quote: "Very nice models Jon very nice.
I was Just wondering are all the models fully animated and for the Enfeild weapon is does the reload animation effect the hand.Will there be hands on the sword and other objects you have created.

Just wondering and once again great modeling great modeling indeed.
Cheers
Bulletsoft"

yes the models will be animated, with hand motions aswell for specific sequences when needed, there will be hands on the sword and everything else (obviously ones more medieval) and there will be an option of different hands and ofcourse: no hands like in the standard FPSC package

thanks for your support

Quote: "Nice work, as usual Jon."

many thanks, i just hope nobody thinks im a gun nut i just like the ergonomics of modern weapons

Quote: "i don't know if you saw this in my last post concerning your pack, but I really don't feel like reading severl hundred posts to find an answer. How much will corepack2 cost?

and great job with the new weapons. I like the sword the way it is, but if you do improve it, then don't do anything too drastic. maybe a few spikes in the handle and some other stuff similar, but don't underestimate the power of gold lining in a sword handle. it can really make a sword look totaly different."

volume 2 will cost £20 or £14 for those who have bought volume 1, or buy with it, i believe this price is reasonable for the amount of new animated and original content though if absolutely neccisary i will negotiate with you guys, i need to know how affordable it is for you

thanks, i'll try not to go too evil on the sword, last time i did that, i went way over the polycount, came out ncie though

Quote: "Man you never cease to amaze! "

lol, thanks, im glad you like

Quote: "Your way too good at this Jon. I can't wait for Core Pak 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

lol, thanks, hopefully wont be too long, animating the weapons certainly wont take as long as the modelling process, so hopefully it wont be too long, depends on what events pop up, but things are going well

Quote: "Amazing work,Jon."

cheers buddy!

Quote: "um, I think I can simply export the skeleton with the keyframes, using the 3ds exporter.

then you should be able to load it into 3ds?

I've never tried. If nothing else it would be an interesting experiment!
"

wont be as simple as a biped, but shopuld work fine with the right tweaking

i dont think the .3ds format exports bones though does it? let alone animations, may have to go with a different format, which is kinda strange as they seemed to include 3ds max lights in .3ds files! lol

Quote: "Nice job jon i' looking foward to this pack. I'll enjoy making a bloody mess with that k-bar"

thanks, lol yeh should be pretty fun playing with these new weapons, hopefully a lot of new games will pop up...with hands! i was wondering whether i could make a reload animation for the knife, perhaps wiping the blade or something, but then i dont know how i would get blood on it after attacking something, but it would be more realistic

Quote: "great job jon as usual. are the hands going to be included with the guns in corepak 2"

thanks, as stated before, yes the hands will be included with the guns with full sequence animations with some variations and ofcourse for thsoe wishing to stay with the fpsc style, there is an option of no hands on the weapon

as a side note, finished my college enrolment crap earlier, it interested one of the IT guys to know ive used 3ds max before, will be fun at college, we'll be building an online game and learning 3ds max further throughout the 2 years and making characters for the game....robot wars tis going to own, but much time untill that...

thanks for all your comments, i truly value them

-Jon

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 03:56
Quote: "£20 or £14"

meaning how many USD?

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 03:58
can you make it uk 20 and usd 20? because 20uk$ is like 40 my money

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 04:46 Edited at: 11th Jul 2006 04:47
hmm, it looks i might have to change it if there is too much disagreement, there didnt seem to be much trouble before in the past topics.

could everyone with intentions of purchasing like to comment on the price, i want to know whether it is too much, unfortuantely there isnt much hope it will be the same price as volume 1, now containing animated weapons, characters and much more.

unfortunately bloodeath due to our exchange rates, the sterling buyers will suffer more expense if your scenario were to take place, the price needs to stick the same for all countries,

some people have commented it as a future purchase, and did not hesitate with price issues, by which case i need to see how US buyers will cope

-Jon

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 04:48
well 40usd to me is only 10usd lower than fpsc itself... i wanna get this at all costs but 40$ is a little bit pricy

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 04:50 Edited at: 11th Jul 2006 04:59
i suppose you are right, damn currency, lol

just let me do some conversions and i'll get back to you with a more reasonable price...

EDIT:

US dollars have really lost their value over the years, what is cheap to us is basically double for you, which is whats making this so annoying

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 05:36
I am definatly going to get this, but the more it costs, the later it will be before I buy it. I think $20-25 would be a decent price, being about half the cost of FPSCreator.

ps. do keyboards in the UK have a $ sign on them? becuase my keyboard doesn't have the funny little L thing you used.

MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 05:37
so what will be final cost of this pack in USD. i just got to get my hands on that pack lol

wus up
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 09:22
Zaibatsu, is the £ sign not above the 3 key? And the $ sign above the 4 key?

AE

MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 16:04
nic, very nice but how about including these weapons in your pack:

cheers,

wus up
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 16:31
When do you expect Core Pack 2 to be finished? This is some high quality work!!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 18:15
Quote: "nic, very nice but how about including these weapons in your pack:
"

the jackhammer i will be making anyway, and i was thinking about that G36 beforehand, maybe the assault rifle version rather than the smg, we'll see later on

Quote: "When do you expect Core Pack 2 to be finished? This is some high quality work!! "

thanks, hopefully within a week or little more.

ok, its certain now that i am unaware of the final price, so now nothing is settled on the price, i will most likely lower it to something alot more reasonable and post a final agreement later on.

-Jon

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 18:16
Quote: "Zaibatsu, is the £ sign not above the 3 key? And the $ sign above the 4 key?

AE
"

no the # is above my 3 key, and the $ above my fore key.

and a dude with bangs, i like the second weapon.

MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 19:17
yea me too, G36 i'll see when i'm ganna finish it i'll post it but it could take a while since i'm verybusy with my new game and im tryin to get that hud done.

wus up
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 00:09
i will most likely make that g36, instead of the assault rifle version, this way there will be another SMG, rather than the already large list of assault/large weapons

-Jon

MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 01:12
thanks Jon when do you think you will be finished modeling that G36 and the pack in general

cheers

wus up
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 01:15 Edited at: 12th Jul 2006 01:22
about a week or more, but the G36 wont be too long, i'll try and finish it tommorow, im just playing around with some lighting techniques in max

for those interested, here is what i have so far...

still working on it though

-Jon

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 02:54
here is the us keyboard from 1-0 *listed 1-0*
! @ # $ % ^ & * ( )
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

And that lighting looks amazing...

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 22:19
thanks

well anyway, im starting on the G36 now, shouldnt be too hard, and its got a nice blocky shape to it, so hopefully wont take too long

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 23:53
i have decided to do the assault rifle version instead, bigger, better, and i was having some anooying shape issues with the G36C

im actually going to finish the ak47 now while i have the chance, seems to be the most popular weapon and "arch nemesis" of the m16

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
That is a really nice render! The bloom from the window looks great, and the reflections in the floor...I really need to start learning more about max's render capapabilities, all I ever do is hit "quick render" <ashamed>

You've really got weapon modelling down, this pack will be a "must-buy". Can't wait for the jackhammer!

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 00:45 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 00:47
cool, thanks, really glad ya like

i just really want to spend more time on my characters, i found out im alright at modelling faces especially with a drawing behind it, so im looking for a concept artist willing to help me build a portfolio, or possibly some free human ortho's or if not im willing to pay some peeps, but screw freelance rates! lol jus' trying to grab some projects to start, from conceptart.org

once you realise what means what in max lighting its fairly simple, basically a bunch of omni's and materials really, thats done in the scanline renderer by the way quite proud, though theres more ya' can do with it, need to play with vRay (free version) some more but its good to get the best out of scanline

-Jon

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 00:57
waita minute, the combat knife has the photoshop crosshatch effect on the blade right?! I really liked the look of the blade and I suddenly realised why the metal looked familiar

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 00:59
could have been, tends to be a reflex working in photoshop, i quite often use an array of filters, its either a sharp motion blur or crosshatch, so yeh

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
But it works perfectly for this knife, it really looks like a hardened blade, rather than a piece of plastic.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 01:13 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 01:14
lol, thanks, i think its because i dont like to leave anything looking like "the fill tool" because to be honest its a waste of pixels to go too clean and have it look all grey a bit of grit n' sharpen does the job

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 02:37
Quote: "photoshop"

meaning Adobe Photoshop? if so then can you give me some tips on how to do cool studd like shiny effects and other cool things?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 03:12
err, yes thats the only photoshop, lol.

its all pretty straight forward really, shiny objects are bright and depending on the gloss level, how defined and small the shine is, you can use the dodge tool over objects to give specular highlights, and resize the brush for more definition, and ofcourse really small for scratches and what not

make the most out of blending modes aswell, to up the detail with overlays and other textures to map contrast, saturation and all that jazz, blending modes are very useful.

before texturing, set up base textures, a material you can use over again and again, easily from images, or you can create them using filters, study what each filter does to your image, and what you can do afterwards, say, with a blending mode. If you have CS2, there is a nifty little preview for each filter, shame there isnt any in 7.0

you can use filters such as plastic wrap then tone the opacity down to give a nice specular shine, or a wet slime like overlay, but one filter wont do it all, thats why sometimes my base textures are one off and i keep them for later, because its so darn hard knowing how to make them all over again!

i dont really have the time to write out anything, but if your looking for cool effects, check out the "abstract tutorials" on http://www.tutorialized.com

-Jon

Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Jon, you're so good at making weapons, why not make a few free ones?

Various Model Pack #1
Buy it now!! Only £3
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 19:36 Edited at: 10th Aug 2006 19:37
it takes effort to make something good, effort does not come free

...but in some cases it does, yes, i have already made 2 animated weapons, an axe and a scifi plasma rifle, when people get off my back and i have some spare time i might make something new

whadda bump

phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
amazing models another definite purchase. So many packs 2 buy, but there all worth it. lol
Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome job Jon. You have really become an excellent modeler. BTW what are you majoring in?

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 04:31
I believe he's going into Computer Graphics.

Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
That would make sense.

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 05:09
Quote: "amazing models another definite purchase. So many packs 2 buy, but there all worth it. lol"

lol, thanks, you should see what ive got on my end, all the guns are now animated and looking damn fine ingame

just animating the melee weapons (btw, bare fist weapon looks great ingame )

i'll be posting a mass showcase when all the animations are done

Quote: "Awesome job Jon. You have really become an excellent modeler. BTW what are you majoring in?"

yeh as Keith said, computer graphics, dont get me wrong though, im a pencil an' paper guy too, love to draw, just noticed a sudden increase to the reality of recent sketches, i might have to get some up soon!

im taking a Computer games development BTEC course in september at college, we'll be using 3DS Max (7 i believe) to create our game characters, will be damn fun, keeping in mind alot of the people just beggining have no clue how games are made or what a 3d model is, so it should be a great head start

in the spare time given to me, i might stroll off soon for a while to look for some freelance gigs, once i get some of my "good" stuff up on my internet portfolio, hopefully get my first addition to a shipped title, though i have much to learn, but when college starts up, t'will be a great time to try it out

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:22:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:22:49