Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can I ask about ". x " file format?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm new to this and I see a few reffernces to ". x" file format and I am assuming it is what I have to save my objects that I create to get them to load in FPSC (is that right?).
Is there somewhere in the forums where there is an overview of this that I can read up on?
kind regards, markp

mark_pouncey
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 07:50
I don't know about FPSC, but a ".x" is a common model file. After exporting from an external program, you can load it into DBP/DBC for the models for games. I don't have FPSC, so I don't know if you can do that .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
In FPSC, you have to download the entity creator, for objects like guns etc. If you want new wall, you have to download the segment creator. Both of these downloads contain video tutorials. .X files are standard DirectX mesh files. They can store textrue coordinates and animation frames.

Heres the link:
http://www.fpscreator.com/downloads.html

Hope this helps

-General Reed

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB ram, Geforce 6600 GTX, 250GB HDD
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk
flock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 18:48
FPSC? FPSC? FPSC...FPSC...hmm...I'm thinking...is that what they're talking about in the FPSC forums?

a.k.a. "flockhound"
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 11:20
mark_p
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys, thank ya'll so much for your help and info. I am on the road a lot right now and still reading the FPSC product doc.'s as I am able. I will be back to the forums soon as possible.
kind regards, markp

mark_pouncey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:29:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:29:24