Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 2 free weapons [un-textured and not fpsc ready yet]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ive recently got a 3d modeler, and have been making weapons since, attached is a .rar with 2 of my weapons [see screenshot below], the are free for all uses for those who want them,
the problem is im having trouble getting them fpsc ready, i would be gratefull for some help etc, ive been tinkering for ages

screenshot:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 19:22
Ok, First off, those are cool weapons. And second, read this.

In the long run, you may want to consider purchasing weapon creator, it's a program that configures your weapons for use in FPSC.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 20:46 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 22:28
Those are a good start.

They look sort of 70's Sci-Fi

I think people might criticise the fact that you've built them out of primitives, but I think they'd look ok with a good texture.

----Critique----

Left gun:
I dont really like the trigger guard, the sphere looks like it might be covering up some messy poly work underneath (where the two rectangles of the guard meet). This is personal, but I'd like to see a wider box at the top of the magazine, where it enters the gun. Other than that it looks funky,although you might want to extend those round bits on the barrel, cuz when you view it from the side in FPSC, you might not be able to see the cool detail.

Right gun.
I like this gun, it looks like the supershotgun from quake..I think. My only two things to say are: The cylinder that you have used for the bottom of the gun will up the poly count unneccessarily. You'd be better off using a box, smoothed on the bottom. At the moment I'm guessing that half that cylinder dissapears inside the gun, and gets wasted. Other than that, just sort out the handle and you're there.

I dont want to sound like I'm having a go! I'm trying to, you know, give you some constructive feedback.

But you've made a nice start. Keep it up!

(im downloading now....btw)

___!!Edit!!____

I checked out the models and they're cool. I'm uploading a pic to help you cut down the poly count and make the guns look smoother.

peace

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Madwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, your help is much apreciated, i will soon try re-doing them

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:24:29