Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
While I'm waiting on help with some of my other problems, I thought I'd see if anyone can help me in this area.

I have downloaded the anim8or program and have been toying with it a little, but... I was wondering: Where should I begin? I would eventually like to make a character for the project I'm making (see my other posts)
Noonster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 09:03
Hey Jaskel,

I'm new to all of this too. I just recently purchased DBPro and 3D World Studio, so I'm in the learning stage for both of those.

Some others in this forum may disagree, but here is what I've found concerning 3D modeling apps: Anim8or is great, but you cannot export a "boned" animation. I have tried Milkshape 3D with moderate success, but I currently use (and highly recommend) Wings 3D. Especially for human models, I have a hard time creating anything that looks good with Milkshape. I love Wings 3D: my first model was of my daughter and I was amazed at how well it turned out (subdivision modeling just works better for me, I guess).
Wings3D also has its own UV mapper, so you won't have to use something else like Lithunwrap. You will, though, have to export your model to an animation program (I use CharacterFX, and you will have to "triangulate" the model to work in CharacterFX -- I have not tried this yet, but I guess CharacterFX does not like subdivision models). A great tutorial on human sub-division modeling is at: http://www.secondreality.ch/tutorials/tutorials.html
I hope this is helpful.

"I heard you guys were on the ass end of an ass kickin'"
-- Bender
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 10:14 Edited at: 12th Jul 2006 10:15
Anim8or saves 2D animation, is that what you want? It just means that you have an animation on a 3D plain instead of an actual 3D model.

Jaskel
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't realize that before I decided on Anim8or... Thanks
Jaskel
Years of Service
User Offline
I should mention that what I am looking for is a simple, cartoonish model ala "The Windwaker" to go along with the rest of the project

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:25:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:25:09