Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / download the zombies V2 demo now!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 18:51
hi,

Here is the link to the Zombies V2 demo

http://files.filefront.com/zombiesdemoV2zip/;5245241;;/fileinfo.html

Game testers should download the demo, and then feel free to post reviews and comments in this Thread. All bugs will be fixed prior to games release. This DOES NOT represent the quality of the final product, it is only a short demo to get a feel for the game.

Remember: If the file is not downloaded within 30 days, it automaticly goes dead, and i will have trouble uploading it again.

Wnjoy

ZOMBIES!!! coming 2006!!!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 19:53 Edited at: 12th Jul 2006 19:58
Um, its asking for a password

EDIT-Figured it out on the first try,lol

Sean C Holbrook
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, im a tester I believe so I should give my input. So here goes:

1. Fix the REquires a Key doors, because some of the do not require a key, but an object or whatever.

2. Not as scary as you lead us to believe, so add in more things to create the atmosphere.

3. You need a story. Why are the zombies here? Why am I here? Maybe fill us in on that in the loading screen.

4. Add more zombies to the begining. Instead of a barrel falling down, make it a zombie.

5. The "look around cornors keys" (Q,E) are pretty much useless. Make E the use key, rather than enter.

Thats pretty much it, and i hope you learned some stuff by my suggestions. Good job so far.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 21:09
Here is my review of Zombies v2.-

Positive- Good use of curved wall segments to break up the monotony of useing only square rooms. Levels are well dressed, just the right amount of random debris/ objects to fill your rooms. Lighting is good. I see you brought the ambiance to 0, but lit the area well. This is a good example of how to use 0 ambiance, only making it totally dark in certain areas with an efficiant amount of light not to far ahead to kind of make a 'goal' if you will to get into the light and reliev your paranoia of something hideing in the shadows. Good use of sound effects to keep the player on his toes; I thought maybe an efvent would happen when I heard these sounds but it didn't. What it did do though is add to the paranoia. The frame rate was definitely good for the level size with slowdown in maybe one area near the end, where there is a looong hallway with canesters strewn about. My suggestion to you is take an in game shot of this hallway and use it as a texture for a wall maybe 3 segments down right in front of the player, to simulate the hallway since the player never really walks down it. It used mostly stock entities and segments but placed well so that it wasn't 'entirely' recognizeable as an FPSC created game.

Negative- The zombies are way too powerful attack wise.Because of the situations that the zombies usually appear(spawning from behind),you are already dead by the time you turn around. The spawn from behind thing is cool but only if it isn't over used. Where you get the shotgun, I fell through the floor(this only happened once). This is more FPSC's fault not the creator. Either ditch or lower the sound of the radio static when you win.

All in all great demo since my onlyn real gripe was about the power of the zombies and the situations they attacked I give it a
4 out of 5

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 21:14
@Sean C Holbrook -
Quote: "3. You need a story. Why are the zombies here? Why am I here? Maybe fill us in on that in the loading screen."

I may be mistaken but I think the story was explained in part1; this is part 2.
Quote: "5. The "look around cornors keys" (Q,E) are pretty much useless. Make E the use key, rather than enter."

Good suggestion, but we all wish we could. FPSC isn't set up for key asighnment.

freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 22:43
I tried playing, but when i tried opening the .exe an error appeared...

CANNOT FIND LANGUAGE FILE!
fail

Project:V, where something always lies in the shadows...
Formerly Crazy Al
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Good suggestion, but we all wish we could. FPSC isn't set up for key asighnment."

Yes you can...in v1, anyway. It's in the Build Game menu.

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 00:12
Pros

Very good use of sounds.

Good lightning - i almost didnt dare to walk in the dark areas.

Good level design.

Good music.

Nice to see some different textures than the old stock ones.

Good framerate.

Cons

Sometimes too dark.

Too little ammo per clip for the shotgun - just a minor detail.

Repeating - Too much of the find-key-to-open-door and the spawn-behind-you-horror.

I give it 3,5 out of 5.

Dont forget to visit my website for scripts!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 00:25
Quote: "Yes you can...in v1, anyway. It's in the Build Game menu."
I learn something new everyday.

PocoRev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 01:16
I agree with brummel's comments.

Whenever I find myself being genuinely scared/startled in a video game, I remember why I like them in the first place. Your demo got me a couple times

Congrats on what you've got so far.

Can't wait for the finished product!

Professional Atmospheric Skybox Textures
http://skymatter.thegamecreators.com
Tinyschu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 01:43 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 01:54
What is the password? I cant find it out?

Oh wait, I found it out. The password is zombies

I enjoyed playing that demo! That was fun! It was done very well!

I will give it a 5 out of 5!

Slaughtered - Coming in the 4th quarter of 2006
mccb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 19:48
Alrighty. Here we go.

Positive-I thought over all it was good. It achieved most of its goal...to make you scared. I was doing a lot of shooting in dark places, just to make sure nothing was there. I liked some of the teaser sound effects, just to keep you on your toes. The barrel drop was a cool effect. Also, I thought I saw a zombie walk across the screen and then disappear. Did I, or was I seeing things? PCG90 was a bonus. The jail scene was done well. The lighting effects were grand.

Negative-My main concern with this demo, and the overall project is what its about. I feel like theres a certain void. Try to keep to the storyline, and base the levels more on the storyline. Also, I think either the zombies should do less damage, or you should have more lives, because sometimes by the time you realize somethings behind you, you're dead.

Thanks for letting me try the demo. It was a blast.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 19:49
thanks for the comments guys!!! very usefull. Started work on level 3, where the scary stuff REALLY kicks in. Keep checking on the other thread for more updates and screenies.

@freakshow- try extracting the file again to the desktop, don't press finish to quickly.

ZOMBIES!!! coming 2006!!!
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2006 16:17
nice demo
may i ask where you got this sounds from ?
and if you maybe release a soundpack in this stile ?
i think you got some great SFX talent

yeah...thats the ticket !
Mailman
Years of Service
User Offline
I played it once right now. I stopped after going up the first stairs and hearing the screaming because I thought I would have to fight something but already had used all of my ammo for all weapons. Add more ammo or make it infinite for the weakest weapon.

I also got stuck where you kill the first zombie and use the switch. I had to jump and move wildly for a few seconds to get out of the crates. Furthermore, I wondered where the second zombie came from as I moved around in that room then wanted to go back looking for a key when suddenly it hit me from behind.

Optimize the loading times if possible, the loading bar seemed stuck in the middle and I already thought the game crashed.

The atmosphere is great.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2006 21:51
Quote: "I also got stuck "

I had forgotten to mention that I got stuck on the crates in the first room where you start also. May want to fix that too.

Quote: "Optimize the loading times if possible, the loading bar seemed stuck in the middle and I already thought the game crashed."

Well that's FPSC's fault. It takes longer for some things to load than others, usually lightmaps and such. Those who use FPSC frequently know this, but to someone who is not a regular user, I can see where you would think it has crashed. In reality it hangs there till that portion has loaded.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:36:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:36:07