Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Half man half spider

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:53
Hey,I worked on this monster 6 hours(not finished),the upper body was made with the program MakeHuman,I just cut the body in half lol and then I made the spider body.Let me hear your opinions.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:54
Second pic

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:54 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 00:55
Third

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:55
dang the third one its not working i post it again

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:56
fourth

Attachments

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 01:14
Whoa that looks excellent! It would make a great boss

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 01:30
Looks real good. I think the term that describes him is Cacataur. Looks a bit too high polly for FPSC though. WHat's his pollycount?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Great job, very creepy, but I can tell you're gonna have to reduce the poly count for game-engine use.

Are you planning on texturing and rigging this for FPSC? Or are you just modelling this for a render?

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 07:42
@bond1 Well I already tried to use 10000 polygon modells in fpsc and I have succeded.It looked more like a monster than a human lol.Yea I'might have to start learning how to animate ( 6 legs damn) and how to make a skin or a texture.Hope I'll find some animating tutorials.

@Gamz Thanks,yeah that would be cool to fight this monster in a dark room with some dark green ligthing and some red flickering lights.

@Disturbing 13 According to MakeHuman program the whole body should have over 10000 polygons,in this case its without legs.It still has 8100 polygons because the fingers and the head are realy good detailed.And the lover spider body has not more than 1000.

Mhm he already has a skeleton,and I'm trying to search a free or an easy animating program,it might take some time before I learn to move 6 legs.I'm gonna bring him into FPSC and after than I'll post some ingame pics.

Peace out
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:32
Black,

Cool. Polys/Lag will be a problem in FPSC, but it's a great monster you've got there! Does MakeHuman allow you to reduce the polycount natively?

@All,

MakeHuman is still in beta, and available http://www.dedalo-3d.com/index.php here. No doubt it will be full retail when it reaches completion.

It seems that MakeHuman will give Poser a real run for its money!

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:34
Ok I lmao when I saw the difference between this guy and the Sci-Fi characters.Just take a look at these screens.

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:35
Ingame screen 2

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:36
Ingame screen 3

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:36
Ingame screen 4

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:37
Editor Screen 1 - we'll need a huge room for this guy lol

Attachments

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:54
@Seth Black

No MakeHuman doesn't allows you to reduce the polycount,but at a try to put MakeHuman characters into FPSC showed me that the character looked a bit crapy and undetailed.At the spider everything looks good the body's detailed and well if that thing could move I would just run as hell.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 12:16
10000 polys might be ok for static, but animated that file is gonna be huge!

I have to say I've given up on the demon thing... I got it animated and so on, but once i rendered it I realised that alot of the faces were flipped, and things kept on deforming in VERY strange ways. So I'm sorry I cant do it. But I really liked the model, so Im thinking, if it's alright, that I'll do a 'remix' and make a demon thing with spikes on its back, and you can have a copy free.

I'm loving the spider. I really think you have potential as a modeller, your monsters are very dark and creepy.

I wish we had a successful way of transfering files, cuz I'd love a play with that spider-boy.

My carnivore wraith originally had 4 legs, and I can tell you, getting it to walk in a scary way, and not like a retarded spider on amphetamines is a challenge!

If you drop me an email, I'll send you a human/mutant torso head and arms which you can use instead of your makehuman one, perhaps that'd help drop the poly count and make this useable?

Peace.

Butters

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 13:44 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 13:45
Its sad but thank you for trying,I have already sent you the email(just post here if you don't get the email),and I've sent the spider Obj file to.Thanks again
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 17:41
hmmm looks like the human spider model out of doom3. but very good indeed

yeah...thats the ticket !
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 18:02
If you have milkshape you can use the direct x tools for lowering pollycount merely by sliding a bar, Plus you get to see the model and check for deformatins when lowering the count. As for the hands, well you may have to re model them, because thay look extremely high polly. Granted it does look great, it would kill framerates quickly.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 19:21
@All,

This sounds very promising, indeed:

http://www.dedalo-3d.com/public/forum/index.php?a=topic&topic=1145428432_63&page=last

TTFN,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 20:07
Yeah at the end I might find a way to make the spider guy to fit in fpsc.Just give me time,I'll also get maya or 3DS max
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 22:12 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 22:19
I don't see a need in saying its a good model cause all he did was delete the lower half of a male model he got somewhere and stuck it on a spiders body. I mean he didnt even take the time to connect the verts from the human body to the spiders for a smoother transition. Look at the 3rd image he posted and the right side of the humans abs stick out farther then the left side....I'll congradulate the prog maker if ya get me the email. Least he tried with the boss monster...I mean at least thats his work and its useable(meaning poly count).....this is trash and a waste of thread space.

These kinda threads codling kids that do this kinda work need to stop. You people remarking how good this is need to not post and let this hit the next page so it's forgotten into the "Land of lost Post".
( I know I just posted as well but I seen this crap yesterday as well and I didn't post hoping it would die only to see 14 more post today so I'm saying something......quit)
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 22:36
It annoyes me also, my thread about my fantasy pack has had less hits to it than this. Like Locrian said, its just a cut and paste job, you havent tried at all to model it your self.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 00:55
your next assignment, top half spider, bottom half human

Read my profile to learn about all my wierd fanaticacies...

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 23:18
Give him a break guys. Its not like he is trying to sell it. Ease off.

Good job.
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
If you can't get it to work in FPSC, maybe you should consider asking movie studios for commissions. They're needing people who can do this kind of thing.

Formerly JMC...
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 02:07
lol

www.quantumelectronics.cjb.net - My web site
Call me Cheif.
PLEASE call me Cheif! It makes me feel cool/important (lol)
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 05:47
Sorry he move your post that has stuff your going to sell off of the main page ..
boohoo waaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Black
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 13:09
I was not going to sell it,I wanted to give it to the community.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:29:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:29:33